Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
First with out the father of my children. I sent them all cards but I worry for them. I feel sad, they must feel worse. ALS sucks so bad.

Do they talk to you about how they have been feeling since Lonny died?

How nice that you sent them all a card xx

Barbie, I'll bet it is difficult.

No kids visiting today, but they all did call. We're both under the weather, so I'm relieved to be alone.

My heart is heavy for you.

Becky

I'm no youngster by any means at 50. But, today was still tough being the first Father's day without my dad. Just last year at this time my daughter and I were in Dallas visiting for a week. We went out to eat and to the movies and things. ALS really does suck. Kim

Last edited:
Barbie, my thoughts as well as everyone who has lost their Dad. Holidays without your loved ones can sometimes be so empty and sad.

We went away for the weekend to the last place we travelled with Iven. It is a little town called Clarens surrounded by the Maluti mountains. Breathtaking. The girls and I woke up on Sunday and said a little prayer and happy father's day to their dad. It definitely helped not being at home.

none of the kids even acknowledged the cards that I sent(with personal notes to each about their dad) nor did they call me. I didn't call them either. I think they don't really understand the complexity of my feelings. I am not mad or even upset at them...it is what it is.

2 of the 4 did post tributes to him on facebook which I thought was sweet. I decided against it for personal reasons. they always talk positively about him and in a very loving way. they have so many happy memories of him--he was a great dad when he was healthy and made sure they knew he loved them up to the very end.

Hey Barbie and I guess the kids are all processing it in their own different ways. Even if they did not acknowledge the card you sent, I'm sure it touched them all xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back