01/2019
Country
IN
State
NY
City
ASHOK VIHAR PHASE4
Goodevening all

Im a concerned son with a few question any help would be really appreciated, i'll try to keep my post short so as to not waste your time.

Development in 1 year
> muscle atrophy in both legs
> increasing difficult in walking
> uncontrollable hand moment sometimes
> difficulty in eating with fork
> muscle cramping all over the body even on stomach
> very bad nerve conduction test
> no issues in MRI or any other test except nerve conduction

>NO ISSUES WITH FACE, SWALLOWING, SPEECH
My query is with over 1 year from onset and no speech issue can it be ALS OR CIDP

If he had an abnormal ncs as you state it is not indicative of ALS. CIDP ( which is not a disease we cover here) does have abnormalities in the ncs. Without knowing the details of the exam I don’t know if CIDP is on the table. You and your dad need to work with his doctors and ask them

Thankyou for a very quick response, the problem here is i have a very stubborn father who in his quest to recover has completely gone away from doctors and is taking alternate medicine from a healer, it would be really helfull if you could rule out ALS with bad nerve conduction study and perfect speech. is it possible to have perfect speech after more than 1 year of these symptoms as above mentioned. thankyou

The nerve conduction study abnormalities indicate a disease other than ALS. The speech question thus does not factor in but speech could be ok IF it were ALS. But it isn’t because of the ncs which probably explains his symptoms

sorry your dad is not seeking a traditional route to diagnosis but there is nothing we can tell you beyond that. Not ALS something else. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back