Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Francisco
I am so sorry to bother you and pray for you each day. I have read multiple ALS pages and threads and cannot get a clear answer. Are cramps a first symptom of ALS. I have struggled for over a month with cramping and a pulling feeling in my feet and calves. I have no clinical weakness and my exercise works out continue at pace. After I work out, I do notice more pain in my legs at rest. There is occasional pins, needles, facilitations and numbness but the main symptom is the pulling and cramping. I am hydrated, take a calcium tablet each night, take a potassium tablet each night, drink tonic water, stretch and all blood work came back normal. I scheduled a Nero appointment but it is in 3 weeks. Again there is no clinical weakness, atrophy or decreased usage. Just this darn pulling, cramping. Is cramping and pulling an initial symptom of ALS. There are so many different opinions. Please help. Thank you so much.

Hi there-

I see your posting history goes back to 2012. While I can't say what you may have, it is certainly not ALS, given the length of time you have been experiencing cramps with no loss of function.

Please work with your neuro to discover what it may be.

A year ago you left this:

Thank you so much. I am learning more and more about this disease. The information out there can be so confusing. I continue to have night cramping and twitching throughout my body both feet. The good news is there is no weakness. I will keep donating money to this cause so we can find a cure. May god bless you and thank you

So I'm pretty sure you already know the answer

Hi
Cramps can be caused by many things other than mnd, so as you don't have other symptoms its best that you work with your doctor to find the cause.
Good luck
Wendy x

Consider hot tubs, massage and static stretching esp. before you work out. But from the hx described here, ALS is not in the picture.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back