Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
Uni
State
WA
City
Seattle
Hello everyone, just want to say I am a firm believer of Jesus. So my symptoms started as having a hard time taking a deep breath and gasping for air. I went to the ER they took a chest xray and said it was asthma, they prescribed me a 6 day supply of steroids and sent me on my way. I took the steroids and I felt as if they helped. But after a few days of not taking them, my symptoms came back.

I waited about another week. And went to the ER again this time they this time they thought it was my heart did ekg, chest and throat CT scan and stress test all came back normal. I went back to my primary doctor, he said I have post nasal drip, he prescribed me with a nasal spray. I still have the symptoms feels like its hard to breathe and constantly having to clear my throat.

I have a referral to a Pulmonary doctor and a Sleep neurologist. For years more than 10 I have had benign muscle twitches. And have got a few nerve tests in the past all came back normal. But in my whole life never had a issue like this of shortness of breath and tightness in my throat. I am not wheezing and my inhaler does not respond to difficulty breathing. God bless to everyone and thanks for all your feedback and prayers

Last edited by a moderator:
GIL, very sorry about your dad. And it's pretty common to worry about your own risk, even when your fears are groundless. Talking with friends, family and/or a counselor may help.

As for yourself, if you need a steroid to keep asthma control, it has to be taken every day, not for six days and then stopped.

Asthma is not always about wheezing and a rescue inhaler isn't going to work as well anyway, if the underlying inflammation is not under control.

When you see the pulmo, if you have a full discussion along with any lung testing needed, you are going to have a much better plan for controlling your symptoms. But you don't need to be here, at all.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks, just to let everyone know all these symptoms happened in a months time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back