Fast progression at 20? Simultaneous limb and bulbar symptons. Very detailed post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zinnix4

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
So in early september i started to notice atrophy in my right leg, it was smaller than my right and i was limping a bit. Now i have it on my hands without weakness as well. In the past 5 days i felt a pain in my left leg hip and twitches started all over the body. My tongue is also shrinking and looks atrophied. There are parts of the tongue that won't move. I'm having difficulty chewing, swallowing, loss of appetite and am losing weight. How likely is it that it's als? A bulbar sympton right after a limb one? And in 5 days all that progression? The muscles in the leg move but feel hard and there are balance issues. The muscles have lost that elasticity i can't really explain. When i lay down in bed i can feel the bone in the leg, as if there is no more muscle. There are also sensory symptons, decreased sensation on my right side of face, neck, chest and genital area. Blood work showed no thyroid, testosterone problems or vitamin deficiencies. Symptons don't get better with medication or rest. Appreciate anyone's response. I have no anxiety. I turned 20 in October and have a Neuro appointment on November 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back