Sun2

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
KR
Hello

I have had strbismus sine 2012 and from 2015 lid ptosis came for one but from 2018 it came to second eyes. The doctor suspected MG for it.
But no metical result show it is MG.
In Jan 2021, I changed the doctor in the univesity hospital and he ordered brain MRA after that i felt some pain on my shoulder which is morelike stiffness. Two weeks later suddenly the fasciculation of lower leg came and it still last for a month. During this one month my shoulder and upper are and lower arms felt very stiff and the legs too. The other thing is I lost 3kg for this on e month without any life style change. Now I feel my limb are so weak and even lift one small box my are muscle feel like doing haevy work .
The fasciculation in the leg is coming up to arms , belly(rarely), hip and neck.
But the EMG test yesterday might shows normal.( the doctor who did it said to me nithing special but i need to wait for final result from primary doctor.)
4 weeks sudden fasciculation and weekness and stiffness of limbs sometimes pain on the arm
Is that ALS?

The eye problems may not have anything to do with your feelings of twitching, weakness and stiffness, which can be something like a virus or even nothing at all. And if you have a normal EMG, we have no reason to think ALS has anything to do with your problems. I would keep working with the new doctor and make sure that s/he keeps in touch with your primary doctor.

Best,
Laurie

this section is our official position and should explain why we can confidently say you don't report anything like ALS.

Thanks Laurie.
I hope this is nothing but when I have twitching i am really down.

Literally billions of people twitch. The vast majority have nothing that needs treatment.

You had a normal EMG that does not show signs of ALS.

I would consult a neuro-opthalmologist if you continue to have problems with your eyes.

Hello.
For last two weeks i feel muscle pain in my arm and sholders even EMG test shows nothing related to ALS. Due to fasciculation and pain it is hard to sleep. Now i can feel the fasciculation around the mouth. No evidence yet but symptom say i have it. I think i have to do EMG again some month later

Obviously, we don't agree that you should be worried about ALS. Muscle pain does not manifest in early disease. It likely has a much more treatable cause. But if you choose to believe that you should be pursuing ALS, you have that right. Sorry we couldn't help -- all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back