Learn about ALS
Country
CZE
State
Pilsen
City
Pilsen
hello

i have fasciculations ans vibrations of muscles all over the body like three mounts , no weaknesses, no atrophy. clean EMG.

i dont have fasciculation during the muscle is working.

Is it ok or there is chance that it can be ALS

It is probably OK. Look up "Benign Fasciculation Syndrome." I have been twitching for 3 years now and still (knock wooden head) do not have ALS.)

It doesn't sound like ALS to me Ervd. Could be BFS.

AL.

Do you have twigling in "working muscle"

btw i am "only" 21 i though that its not possible to have ALS in my age but i saw some theards where younger ppl than me got it :/

Ervd,

Please, please rest your anxiety! You are far too young to be so worked up. Take the advice you've been given and look up BFS.

Or, better yet, just enjoy yourself today, if it's your day off from school, work, or whatever,

Like you said, you had a clean EMG!

take good care,
brenda

hello

i have fasciculations ans vibrations of muscles all over the body like three mounts , no weaknesses, no atrophy. clean EMG.

If you need some support, go to aboutbfs.com and join the forums. Its a good place to find relieve and support regarding your symptoms ( twitching, pains etc )

Do you have twigling in "working muscle"

btw i am "only" 21 i though that its not possible to have ALS in my age but i saw some theards where younger ppl than me got it :/

ALS before your 30s is extremely rare ( less then 5% of the patients )

and weakness usually comes first. Widespread twitching is not a typical symptom of ALS. ALS starts with obvious weakness in one limb and spreads from there onward. Sometimes cramping and fasciculations in the affected body part is noticed first, because als can progress very slowly ( this is rare though, most people notice some weakness )

I can assure you that widespread twitching is nothing like it. And after 3 months of twitching you would have noticed SOME kind of weakness. And by that i do not mean perceived weakness / muscle fatigue that comes with BFS.

Do not be afraid when you have these weak / fatigue sensations in your arms or legs, it is very common in BFS. Pain and 'false cramp' sensations come with BFS aswell; it feels like your muscle is cramping but in reality, it does not.

Hope this helps.

hello

Also, see it this way;

Fasciculations CAN be a sign of lower motor neuron damage
Lower motor neuron damage will ALWAYS show up on the EMG.
So if you have a clean EMG, then you do not have lower motor neuron damage. Something else is causing these twitches ( Anxiety / stress levels, Irritated muscles or nerves, sometimes there is no known factor of what causes it). And it is most likely BENIGN, because the EMG did not had any dirtyness. Sometimes these twitches will show up on the EMG, but if there are no other abnormalities then you are clean to go.

Move on with your life, and dont go for a 2nd EMG. Why would you even believe a 2nd EMG if you did'nt the first time? Yes, you can get ALS in about 20 years from now.. but hey; news flash : 1 out of every 3 man/woman get cancer. Should you be concerned because you have about 40% of getting it 30 years from now? No, you should enjoy life!

I encourage everyone to go to the BFS website and ask your questions there. This just is not the right place. Twitchers like us are scared to hell when it just started, and posting questions ( and visiting )on these forums can amplify your fear because you will automatically start reading post that you should NOT read.

Peace.

thanks for your advices

btw very usefull websites:)

thanks for your advices

btw very usefull websites:)

I have made a post with some must-read links to the BFS website, but the mods need to approve my message ( probaly due to spamming or something ;) )

Remember that BFS causes only 50% of the symptoms. Anxiety is the other 50% and it will destroy you if you keep thinking about this. People have lost their relationships and jobs to it. BFS eats on the anxiety; so your twitching will get worse the more you worry about it. Its a vicious cycle of mental destruction.

And BFS will not progress into ALS.. because these are 2 seperated diseases.
Can someone with MS get creutzfeld jakob? sure, but it does not mean MS causes that. The same applies to BFS - ALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back