Diagnosis
8/2013
Country
US
State
WA
City
Port Angeles
Maybe I made my question too vague and too much info so will try again... My wife has been diagnosed with PMA. She experiences fasciculations only in her sleep...NONE (zero) during waking time. They occur primarily after about 10-15 minutes after falling asleep and are mostly (as I would describe) jerking movements in hands and arms and in legs. I, myself, have experienced small fasciculations previously in specific small muscles, but what she is experiencing is completely different. Sometimes they will continue periodically for 45-60 minutes and then none after that, although sometimes I wake up at night and notice the jerking motions. First question, is it unusual to experience fasciculations only in sleep? Are these fasciculations? I would appreciate any comments or thoughts about this.

Maybe not fasciculations then? Look up periodic limb movement disorder as see what you think

Thanks for your reply...I do consider them as a mild form of periodic limb movement disorder. They are not bothersome for me and she's not aware of them, but just trying to rectify this in my own mind. Does anyone else with PMA have this? Are others with PMA without observable fasciculations?

As you said, consider RLS/PLM superimposed on PMA if the movements only occur while sleeping.

I have read most of the new research that is out there. I don't go on drug trials, if it looks good I will get it on my own. Or make it, most of what is out there in not worth a bother. And l have found a few compounds that work well. I am still symptomatic., but get around quite well. I am working on getting the money up to run every thing through a mouse-model and hopefully into trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back