Other
Country
US
State
TX
City
Houston
Hello all!

I have read these forums thoroughly over the past few days, but still have a few questions.

For the past several weeks I have had random widespread fasciculations (single twitch in calf, followed a few minutes later by one in arm, then in torso, hand, foot, etc.) I have also had very localized and sometimes visible twitching in calves, while standing and moving as well as at rest. Both legs also feel somewhat weak and shaky.

I also get crampy/tingly/numb feeling in calves and feet, especially after sitting for a while, and have for at least a year.

Last Thursday my right leg (lower calf and inner thigh) began to cramp as well as my right bicep and shoulder. They have remained more or less crampy ever since, especially my right arm.

My hands are also tingly, especially right hand. Right arm also feels somewhat weak and shaky. (Things feel heavier when I hold them in my right hand, and carrying things with my right hand causes my arm to cramp and my fingers to become tingly and numb). This has only gone on for a few days.

There has been something wrong with my neck for at least the past year, I know not what, only that often when I inhale/exhale it cracks and pops like a bowl of rice crispies. No pain or stiffness, just crackling/popping.

Could a pinched nerve or compressed disk perhaps cause these problems or could it be, well, something worse?

I have an appt. with a neurologist Feb 12.

Thank you to all who read and respond to this overly long post!

My ALS clinic told me that sometimes even untrained doctors suspect ALS when they see twitches in a patient, but there are many conditions that cause similar symptoms, and some are completely beniegn, like BFS. It is way too soon to start worrying, in your case. Some of us have been at it for months and even years, and still do not have ALS. Hope this helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back