Not open for further replies.

Djalel

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
DZ
Hello everyone... I'm so sorry for my bad English. I'm 35 yo.
For 11 months ago I started feeling fasciculations and weakness in my 4limb also weakness in my face and tongue . So i went to a neurologist in October 2021 and I made an emg.. the clinical examination was normal all reflexes are normal, negative babinski , negative clonus, but the emg find Peripheral pre-ganglionic neurogenic damage c5-c6 and l4-l5. There's no pain. Recently, hands and legs are getting very tired but i still can walk. I Read about these symptoms on the Internet and I'm scared that's als
Can you give me information or directions? Thanks in advance

What you wrote of the report is rather general, but you could have had an injury or other damage in your neck and/or spine that is causing these problems, possibly related to an accident or sport. I would ask the neurologist what he recommends, and you might need imaging (starting with an X-ray) of your neck and spine to be sure what the best course of action is. Sometimes surgery or an injection is needed, but often physio is tried first.

But if the problem were ALS, the report would have said something else, so there seems no need to worry about that.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks for your reply Laurie . But the scary thing here is the fatigue and fasciculations all over the body. Also My hands are getting thin.

Fatigue, fascics, and thinning hands [did the neurologist confirm atrophy?] while still being able to complete movements that you could before are simply not the hallmark of ALS. In fact, they argue against it.

I would think your neurologist did or would say as much. But we are not here to argue with you. You asked for advice and you got it. Don't waste your time chasing a disease that no one wants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back