Not open for further replies.

Curiousconcern

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hi everyone I’m a 30M who for the past 6 months has experienced twitching all over my body. I got concerned and went to a neurologist who examined me in the office and said it was benign. Since then it’s become more frequent and I now have a pain in my glutes and sore / heavy legs feeling for no apparent reason. I sometimes feel like I’m shaking in my sleep which wakes me up along with the twitches. According to my iPhone my gait has been all over the place since December but was good before hand and I don’t even realize I’m walking different but had chalked it up to being stiff until the twitching. I don’t necessarily feel weaker though I just feel sore if that makes sense. I know I need to see a neurologist for follow up but does this sound like als? Thanks in advance.

twitching means nothing.
please go back and talk to your doctor about what is happening, show them your walking gait and ask what they think.

also read here, read slowly and read through twice as there is a lot of information.

all the best, only a doctor can continue to assure you that you don't have a terminal disease and help you on a path to wellness

Thank you for the response I plan on seeing a neurologist ASAP, and I did read through that. Unfortunately it isn’t just twitching. It’s fatigue, and my body has no stamina, short walks are exhausting. Just wondering if this sounds like it could be presenting this way

Twitching can be exhausting in the same way as walking -- your muscles are working overtime, and anxiety about it , which also expends energy, is natural.

So presuming you get a clean neurology bill of health, you may want to keep a food/drink/exercise/sleep diary and explore what can decrease your twitches.

Best,
Laurie

You are not reporting anything failing. But please, see a doctor and let us know after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back