Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
QC
Hello all,

I’ve been reading everyone’s posts here for a while and decided it was about time I post.

Here’s my situation:
I’m a 21 year old guy from Canada and back in October 2020, a persistent fasciculation began in my left delt. It ended roughly a week and a half later. Back then I was a little worried, but didn’t think much of it.

On Jan 20th 2021, the fasciculation returned in my left delt and was concentrated there for a week. Afterwards, the fasciculation spread to pretty much every muscle in my body. There haven’t been glaring signs of weakness or muscle atrophy, but sometimes I feel like the muscles in my cheeks and jaw are a little weak and I struggle articulating properly. I’ve noticed that when I lift my upper lip I can induce twitching myself in my lip and similarly when opening my mouth I can make other muscles in my face twitch. As of late, the fasciculation have been mainly in my legs, but I still get some fascics all over. The fasciculation have calmed down since they started a month ago, but the recent ones in my legs are intensifying and are more constant again. I do have a little cramping but it’s not enough to seize the entire muscle more like stiffness that goes away eventually.

I was wondering whether anyone has experienced fasciculation come and go with als?

I’m on a waiting list to get a doctor so I can discuss this with them and possible get tests done, but until then any advice would be greatly appreciated!

If you have been reading you know what we are going to say. Twitching alone doesn’t matter. So it doesn’t matter either what patterns of twitches PALS have. Anyway both PALS and benign twitchers can have intermittent twitching.

honestly forget about it stop trying to analyze and live your life. The more you think about it the more you twitch. Maybe it will go away before your appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back