08/2020
Country
BR
State
GO
City
Goiânia
Hi everyone,
my case: male, 27 years old. with fasciculations for about 01 year. I don't have weakness, dysarthria, or other symptom. I have generalized fasciculations, mainly in lower limbs. I've already performed an enmg, which was clean.
my question is, can fasciculations open up a picture of ALS without another associated symptom? If it was ALS, I would probably have already developed other symptoms in this 01 year?

I have a lot of anxiety, and it makes me even more anxious

nope, this is not ALS by any stretch of any imagination. Please go see a doctor and discuss your concerns 😊

ty for your attention, I appreciate it! :)

Past thread here: Help me please !!!!

Hi Netol, we do recommend people visit with their doctors if they have any concerns about their health- no matter what those concerns might be. It's not clear you have done so recently. From your posting history, you have had an EMG that came back clear, so you must look in another direction for why you are twitching- particularly as you report nothing else associated with ALS.

To your question, yes, a year with fasciculations and not weakness or any other deficit argues against ALS just as your clean EMG goes. You might wish to join an online BFS support group to gain some context on ways to better control them and think about them.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back