Family, friends... wear a mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry to hear the news, Al. Your post is brave and courageous. I'm sure you've been to hell and back in the last few months. It's hard to come up with soothing words, so I'll just say I'm thinking of you, and hope you continue to use this forum as a catharsis.

I agree with the many others here who have decried the failure and ineptitude of many of our leaders, including the top guy (for a few weeks longer anyway), in dealing with the pandemic. Masks are such an easy step to take. I understand that there's a spectrum of risk tolerance/adversity among the public, but it's not about that. It's about respect and care for others who don't necessarily feel the way you do. I wish people would simply think in those terms, rather than being selfish.

Bloody hell, Al, I'm shocked and so saddened by your post. I'm so very sorry you lost your daughter. I will not speak to the sociopathic tendencies and the complete disregard for human life the president has, as I feel I don't have a right as a Canadian. However, I did want to say, from a fellow human being's perspective, I wholeheartedly agree with your stance on masks. There are people who come right up to Wayne without a mask constantly. And even though I tell them they need one, they still don't wear one around him. We are in a gated community and they seemed to think the rules don't apply to them within the gates. I don't get it.

Again, I'm so sorry, Al.

I had a run in with one of Florida's "Covid is a hoax" at the pharmacy a few days ago. He was hovering over the poor cashier, buying cigarettes, and wouldn't follow their policy of wearing a mask. He was skinny, coughing, and had a Trump 2020 hat on so I knew, in advance, what I was dealing with. A few years ago I would have dragged his ass out of the store. I called our Mayor and asked her if she could put an officer on guard at Walgreens. She said she could have one walk through the store several times a day.

I felt so bad for the poor cashier, probably making $10 an hour. I'm glad I was wearing an N95 with a face shield....but in Florida, that's what I have to do if I go into a store.

Al,

I'm truly sorry for the loss of your daughter. No parent should have to survive one of their children. My best to you and your wife.

My community has been doing well with masks... though some show attitude to display how begrudgingly they feel for having to wear it. For quite some time, our count was at 2. Today we are at 238 (population 12,200)... nearly 70 of those are from a local nursing home. It seems to be ticking up every day.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back