FALS weight loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shell, do you have a table of findings for this report? Since the conclusions only speak to polyneuropathy rather than motor neuron disease, it is hard to relate this to ALS.

1621349505719.png

1621349556548.png

I think there was some errant cutting and pasting here -- not sure how MUPs can have "no" size or recruitment pattern. There are also supposed to be reference values on the NCS.

Anyway, if the rest is correct, there is some hint of both acute and chronic denervation, but it's not a compelling case for ALS. And the below-normal velocity in the NCS tests could indeed be diabetic neuropathy. But the clinical picture is of course the biggest factor and there is family history to draw on as well.

Regardless, you need a diagnosis from a doc, and then a second opinion. I'm still mystified as to why UW didn't want to participate in his care, but maybe you could send the clinic coordinator the EMG and try to arrange at least a virtual visit to discuss it, or speak with the assistant to the head of the center (Dr. Weiss), whom you didn't see, or Dr. Distad.

As you probably know, there is also an ALS clinic at Swedish, near Virginia Mason, whose director used to hold the same role at VM.

I take it your husband is not a veteran?

Last edited:
I took screen shots of the paperwork to post that is all the info that was on there. and no my hubby is not a veteran. I will see if i can forward it to the UW and have Dr. Weiss or Dr. Distad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back