Falling intentionally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! What a video. I think that will be as close as I will ever come to jumping out of a plane, thank you for sharing your jump with me. What a rush. I feel tired just watching:). I have been waiting for a follow up on how it went, and I was not disappointed.

Aly

That was a super video Tom! Your experience was very different from 30 odd years ago when hubby and I did it. We didn't have a buddy jumping with us--we had to take the leap alone but we were on static lines so the chute did open automatically. But getting out the door of the aircraft was terrifying. I had to tell the jump master to push me as there was no way I could let go of the doorway. My heart was racing and I thought I was going to pee my pants in fear. After watching your jump attached to a buddy, I would actually consider doing it again. I do remember loving the floating down after the chute opened. My landing was a stinker as with my fear I kept my hands on the toggles and went in fast circles which made me go off course and I wound up landing on the run way at CFB Trenton, and I hit hard on the tar mac twisting my knee. I felt very embarrassed as the military truck with orange lights arrived to haul me off the run way <g>. I guess they are much more safety conscious these days. I did like the line in your video, "We have a good chute". If he had had to pull the reserve you would likely not have been too aware as he would have been acting quickly. But I'm glad it went off without a hitch. Do you find yourself tired after the adrenaline rush?
Laurel

Tom, great video!

Is it a bird?

Is it a plane?

No, it's SUPERTOM! Brave, courageous, and bold!

Hmmm, perhaps I have mixed up on those lyrics... but true nevertheless: Tom is fearless. Anyone else old enough to remember these? Well, I guess Superman has been revived since the old day comics.

AKjo, yes, you've got both Superman and Wyatt Earp jinges in there...so yes, I am old enough~!
But the sentiment is spot on! Yay, Tom!

Tom, very much enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing your experience.

So very cool! Totally adding this to my bucket list! :)

awesome Tom! im planning on doing this this summer actually. it will be my first time in a plane... and i will be jumping out of it...
ive got to ask- was it hard to breathe during the free fall?

Hi Liz,

I have a weak diaphragm. I had some trouble breathing on the plane after we got above 8000 feet. We jumped at 12500. I wasn't gonna pass out or anything; just labored breathing. Having to work at it, ya know? But during free fall I didn't have any trouble at all. I guess just the excitement of it. They told all of us to remember to breathe, and to yell and scream if you have to, just to make sure you breathe! Maybe for some people it's a problem.

The company that we went with are very experienced with para- and even quadrapalegics. They lifted me up the steps and had special rigging to make sure the instructor could lift my legs upon landing.

I encourage you to go for it! Please post your pictures or video when you do it!

-Tom

Tom:

Very cool. I have only done it one time and the rush was indescribable. I took the one day course and jumped solo without a static line....they really shouldn't let people do that LOL.

I would hardily recommend this to anyone that wants a life altering experience.

Wow Tom! You're more of a man than I lemme tell ya! Looks like a blast though I don't think I could jump out of a plane. :D So glad you did and loved it apparently! Good for you Toots.
Warmest regards,
Marta

thanks for the info Tom. im pretty excited about it, but still scared too.
but the way im thinking about it- if its gona kill me, at least it will be fast... i hope!

:smile:Fabulous, I just watched your video and it was amazing, I admire you for living life to the fullest, good for you.

Tom,
You smile is contagious. You have such a positive vibe around you.. I felt like I was there with you. How amazing, so cool, thank you for sharing.

Okay, I might just go for it! Fantastic video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back