Diagnosis
08/2008
Country
US
State
California
City
Anaheim
I'm going skydiving tomorrow morning. I know others have done this also as a bucket list item. There will be support there from the local ALSACE chapter and from family and friends. Should be a rush. I'm really looking forward to it!

Wish me a soft landing, since I can't stand up...

-Tom

well i wish you happy landings and massive respect for doing it . . :) god bless. . . Alex :)

have a great time and be safe!

Exhilarating. You are one brave dude! Is falling out of an airplane anything like the rapture... you're a couple days late!

That is amazing, have a safe landing and a wonderful time. I admire you for what you are doing !

An extra prayer for your soft landing goes out this morning.

Tom... Enjoy!

Enjoy Tom, it is a truly great adrenline rush!

Wow! I can't wait to hear how it goes. My husband wanted me to do it for my 50th birthday, but I am afraid that I'll get hurt - who would take care of him! If it works out okay for you, maybe I'll just do it! Good luck - DON'T break a leg!

I hope it was spectacular Tom. Hubby and I tried it about 30 years ago. Our jump master shouted this as we went out the door of the aircraft, "Point your toes as you pass the grass!" Luckily I didn't process what he meant until after I landed safely <g>.
Laurel

Falling with style..Hope it is awesome..

Reminds me of one of my favorite songs---"I went sky diving, Rocky Mountain climbing....."

I hope you have a BLAST!

Thanks for all your comments. It was quite a rush! There was soooo much stuff going on when they opened the door there really wasn't any time for fear to set in. It's out the door and whoosh the wind is in your face! Which way is up, and then you settle a bit. REALLY LOUD. Ears are popping, wave for the camera. Look at the ground, way down there. He pulls the ripcord and proclaims "we have a good chute". WTF! Was there any question about this? He gives me the controls to the chute and I get to make turns. Then we turn around and around and he guides us to a soft landing.

I was blessed to have to such support. Six of us jumped: family, friends, many representatives from the ALSA organization. Perfect weather to picnic while watching the other jumpers!

Patty: yeah I love that song too.

-Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back