Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
CO
City
Vail
The trees have been changing colors at an increasing pace over the last couple of week.

The area I live in is known for its aspen trees, which can turn a beautiful yellow in the fall.

Yesterday, I rode the bike path that goes up Vail pass. I can only make it half way, which is a 9 mile round trip. The second half is too steep for any of my wheelchairs to manage. The fall colors were spectacular.

It was so beautiful that I repeated the ride today!

I stopped and took a few pictures and though I would share some with you.

I hope you enjoy.

Steve

20200924_150329.jpg
20200924_150734.jpg
20200925_172447.jpg

Thanks for posting, Steve, beautiful pictures! It looks like the smoke there wasn't too bad when you were on your ride.

Thanks Steve. Brings back great memories of our RV time in your beautiful state.

Fusia: The smoke was greatly diminished for a few days. A new fire started yesterday afternoon about 25 miles west of our house. It had grown to 100 acres by 3:00 PM yesterday. I have not heard any updates since then, but today we have high winds, there is a red flag warning out, and the smoke has returned to our valley. The smoke is not too bad so far and I hope it does not get bad.

KevinM: I am glad you got to spend some time in our beautiful state! It is certainly a beautiful place to live. I have missed most of the fall colors in Colorado for the last 20 years because we have spent the fall in Yellowstone watching wildlife and geysers. The colors there are also wonderful. Due to Covid, we will be in Colorado for the entire fall color season this year. It was predicted to be a bad year due to it being dry year and having an early cold snap. However, the colors have been wonderful!

For everyone else, please post your pictures of fall here. I would be interested in seeing the fall colors from all parts of the world, even those part where it is spring this time of year!

Steve

we don't get fall here the way you do - even in autumn as we don't have deciduous trees in general. they are so beautiful to see! here where I live things flower all year round, just a bit less, and winter is just cold, but not enough to even frost. we have bees and butterflies all year round in the gardens too. so I find photos of the season extremes fascinating! Thanks for sharing Steve

Pretty much same here as Tillie. We have year round flowers, magnolia, orange and jasmine blossoms. Some species of trees turn dark red or yellow but they are few and far between.

I did grow up in the Adirondacks near Lake Placid, NY. They should be beautiful right about now. My brother said most years they are at their best in the first week of October.

Hi Steve,

The colours look similar in our part of the Rockies, as well. Your pictures are beautiful!

Attachments

• 20200929_120150.jpg
    20200929_120150.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 245
  • 20200929_120342.jpg
    20200929_120342.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 252
  • 20200921_112810.jpg
    20200921_112810.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 289
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Steve

Oh Steve thank you so much for sharing these beautiful photos! You always inspire us!

Fall is pretty much over here. I thought I would share a couple of pictures of the progression of fall.

These were taken on the bike path up Vail pass. This is a wonderful wheelchair ride for me. I do it often in the spring, summer, and fall. I ride 4.5 miles up hill, gaining about 1,000 ft in elevation. Then, I zoom back down, for a round trip of about 9 miles. It is now closed for the season:(.

The last shot was taken on my last ride before the colors were gone. That picture shows the part of the valley we live in. Our house is in the lower right part of the picture. Each day, I think of how blessed we are to be able to live here. Doctors want me to move to a lower elevation, but I plan to stay here as long as possible.

Now, we will have to wait about 6 months for the aspen trees to start leafing out again.

I am looking forward to winter (I love snow), but it will be different for me. It looks like a COVID 19 vaccine will not be available in time for me to be able to go "skiing" this winter. I will be pretty much housebound until spring. I should be a bit stir crazy by then, but have a few projects lined up to keep me busy.

Steve

20201007_144358.jpg
20201010_161607.jpg

Attachments

• 20201007_144345.jpg
    20201007_144345.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 246
Every season has its own beauty, especially autumn. One last "hurrah" before winter. How marvelous.
Thank you for sharing! ❤ 😷

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back