Country
US
State
FL
City
Orlando
Hello,

I apologize for my English.

I read the sticky and would like to know more about what you mean by failing versus feeling.

1- if my arms feel fatigued and there’s a constant malaise to move them but I can still move them, I am assuming that’s feeling. But for Pals does he or she first feel something, like I feel fatigue in my arms and burning in the wrist and one day the arm shuts down or there is no warning signs?

2- is myalgia an initial symptom of Als? For instance, if I can do everything like I normally do but it’s just more painful, like burning in feet, and thighs, I’m assuming that’s feeling and not failing.

God bless

I had another few questions.
3- how do I distinguish between burning feet and cramps in feet? I feel mine are burning but I’m confused.

1 No feeling just failure

2 no That is something else

3 burning is not a cramp. have you never had a calf cramp? Ever? It feels like that It is sudden and the muscle knots and you can’t do anything until it relaxes.

nothing you report sounds like ALS. Please work with your doctor to find out what is wrong

so there are no warning signs. If I’ve had muscle pain for a year and feel weak...it doesn’t work like that based on your understanding.
Last question: why do they say carpal is similar to Als ? Carpal in my view hurts a lot in the wrist. How would docs miss that?

Appreciate your comment and sorry for the stupid questions. I will make a donation. Regards,

Hello,
No, no, and no. There is no "feeling" when something fails; it no longer works. For example, when my husband first got drop foot, he went for a run with his friend and then started tripping over his foot until he fell. His foot would no longer lift from heel to toe. There was never any pain, burning, or cramping.

Please read the very important sticky at the top of the sub-forum, to see more answers to any possible questions you may have.

If you are getting cramps, drink more water and try stretches. Most importantly, any general medical advice you seek answers to, should be brought to your physician.

Good luck to you.

Gotcha! So your husband before his run wasn’t expecting foot drop at all? He wasn’t feeling weak in the legs or malaise?

had a last question around carpal. Carpal tends to hurt in the wrists.. than how come people get misdiagnosed? Would be pretty simple to ask, pain means no Als right?

God bless!

Enough. Bestfriends told you her husband’s experience. Do not continue to question.

re those anecdotes . Maybe they had both. So did have pain. Maybe they, like my sister, went to the doctor and told them they had carpal tunnel. In my sister’s case she was flatly told no you don’t. ( and her symptom for a painfree non working hand. But we are not going to continue to address all the things you can cherry pick from the internet.

work with your doctor. Please do not post again unless a neurologist tells you have mnd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back