Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Francisco
My PALS has been diagnosed with pseudo-bulbar palsy and MND. I noticed that the one side facial droopiness (bulbar palsy) comes and goes - is that common in progressive bulbar palsy?

My husband has some one sided droopiness that comes and goes too! He is currently diagnosed with "probable PLS" (after 2.5 years of only UMN speech and swallowing issues). The weirdest part is that the droopiness is only when his face is at rest. He can smile normally even when there is a little droopiness at rest. The droopiness is more noticeable when he is tired or stressed. Every doctor we've mentioned the one sided droopiness to complete ignores it as a symptom!

What are your PALS other symptoms? Maybe they are similar to my husband's.

Thanks for sharing @rmt. Sorry I couldn't reply earlier because of forum posting restrictions and then got distracted by other things.
Symptoms:
Historical information is noted here: Father's ongoing diagnosis of an MND

Current Symptoms:
All of the above with some eyelid movement slowness, slowness in walking
sleep issues (dry throat, strange sensation in one leg, like murmur sounds, transient tremor),
breathing issues (doesn't feel he is inhaling enough air through the nose, breathlessness if he tries to inhale too deep)
sometimes a tingling sensation that runs down from lower back to the knees
general tiredness, increased speech slurring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back