Diagnosis
02/2014
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Gilbert
I got the promotional email today for the new Eyespeak product, on the last day of the promotion of course. Yes, they are out of fundraising. It looks like a really cool product that would be a lot more mobil than a Tobii.

Has anyone thought about buying one? It works on the Android operating system, which I am used to with my cell phone. It also has the option of using your own voice (if it is still ok I would think) or a synthesized one, which is A LOT less expensive.

I was given a Tobii that is less than 1 year old, but the weight and bulkiness are definite negatives. I can't justify buying the eyespeak since I do have the Tobii, but I would if I could.

Any thoughts on the future of this product and the negatives for ALS patients? I know it would have to be put on many pALS, but once on, it would go with you so easily.

Since it is not a fundraiser I am putting the link in, hoping it will be allowed to be posted. If not, just search for myeyespeak (dot) com.

Homepage | Eyespeak

Thanks for your input,
Doug

I'll be interested in learning more about this and the potential cost. Sure seems to be more practical than the other devices.

Vince

Looks like it is about 5K without personalized voice and 14 or 15K with, but I think that one comes with an extra power pack...that seems like a HUGE difference in price...they said they don't work with insurance in the FAQ, so I don't know if it would get approved if it was submitted it as OON. I just like the portability factor (hate the look though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back