Diagnosis
10/2009
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Peachland
Have any of you ever had any eye problems connected with ALS or Progressive Bulbar Palsy? My left eye, is giving me problems, right one too, but not as bad.

It is blurry and when about 3 pm arrives I can't see out of it at all it is so blurry. I have had an eye exam within the last 10 months. I just wondered if ALS causes any eye problems.

chef

chef,

My husband has complained of slight vision problems. I don't know if it's related to ALS, though. I do know BethU had vision problems also. You might be able to do a search of her posts to read about them.

Thanks...will do!
chef

Glen definitly became very sensitive to light, to the point he would scrunch his eyes tightly shut to avoid pain. Nobody was ever really able to tell us why. We had to watch him carefully in the afternoon, as he would attempt to walk around the house with his eyes shut.

Katie
I am sorry I didn't know Glen had passed away. I have been away from the site for awhile. I am so sorry. I know you miss him!

Praying for you
chefdeborah

I've been having some eye problems and my eye guy says they are related to my type 2 diabetes. Blurring, distance visiob getting worse.

AL.

My PALS has eye issues too, but we arent totally sure what the cause is. He has Lasik surgery in 03, and this sometimes causes issues. He also uses his eyes to communicate, so it makes sense that they would get very tired and sore. Sometimes he gets double vision and has me tape his left eye shut for about a half hour. This seems to help. But like i said, we dont know if its directly related to the ALS or not

I have noticed lots of blurriness in my eyes. They burn a lot also .... It has been getting worse and worse earlier in the day lately? Who knows ,but I think it does have something to do with weakness

Last edited:
My husband has lots of trouble with his eyes. They burn, and he has to have them wiped with a cool cloth. He has never had any eye problems before this.

Could it be medications? One of the side effects of gylycopyrrolate (that I take to reduce saliva) is blurred vision. I have not noticed any real problems with it but I know that my eyesight is not as sharp as it has been.

I have been meaning to go to the optometrist but I am not sure how I will answer his questions. One grunt for yes and two grunts for no? Maybe I can hold my fingers up to indicate which is better, the first one or the second one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back