Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
HR
State
Croatia
City
ZAGREB
my als started with right eye twitching. right eye is ok now, but left eye started to make problems.
when i speak, it simply blinks, and then closes.
anybody?

I do not have the eye issues you report, but I do have eye issues.

The muscles that control the movement of my eyes were affected pretty early (for both eyes), which is apparently unusual.

I was referred to an neuro ophthalmologist, who diagnosed extraocular ophthalmoplegia. This is apparently a progressive condition that leads to paralysis of the muscles that control the movement of the eye.

I have never had any noticeable eye twitching or any other symptoms, except for difficulty moving my eyeballs around.

Steve

Hi,
This one caught my eye..... sorry, had to say that.

Really though, the issue that I have started having is that my vision will start twitching very rapidly back and forth.
After talking with the doc his thought was that it was fasiculations with the ocular muscle or muscles...
Started really paying attention and found that it was only my right eye which backed up his thought.
Comes and goes but I do notice that it is more apparent after a lot of physical activity or when stressed in some way.

So far it doesnt really affect my vision other than the lack of focus while it is going on. When it stops things are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back