Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Washington
City
Bellingham
i am suprised there is no long running sticky about eye gaze technology. It seems to always be an area of concern and new things are popping up all the time in the marketplace.

ive been doing eye gaze research for a well known company for over year and im still not aware ofb whats out there.

ive been using the Tobii PCEYEGO in both the Tobii i series and in the form of just the eye gaze bar itself attached to a microsoftt surface pro tablet.
My experience has been mixed, it is oh so close to working amazingly well, , but then the eye gaze begins to jump around between three or four different letters and leaves me dead in the water.

i am not sure how to use it to text, nor use it to run tv, stereo, lights, blinds etc. I basically use balabolka to speak, and i email and surf the web with it.

i am all ears if someone can tell me how to get more from this system.

what are others using and with what level of enthusiasm?

Last edited:
I have the Tobii Dynavox I15.
Still new.

For sms text and calling you need to Bluetooth link to a cellphone.

For tv controller you use your existing tv/cable/whatever to 'train' the remote app.

There are fb groups for Tobii users, just start typing Tobii into the fb search link.

I use the Eye X from Tobii, and I am totally satisfied .
Beside from the Hardware requirements ( USB 3, at least Intel I5 )
and using the freeware Optikey, a great program with endless adjustments in the mangement console, you can realize for less then 200 bucks.

Udo

I'm using the Tobii I15+.
I am frustrated by the slowness when trying to do searches, or anything that requires Internet access.

It is very good for reading books, writing text files, or simple Communication.

I use the Eye X from Tobii, and I am totally satisfied .
Beside from the Hardware requirements ( USB 3, at least Intel I5 )
and using the freeware Optikey, a great program with endless adjustments in the mangement console, you can realize for less then 200 bucks.

Udo

How long have you been using the Eye X? I've used it extensively and was light years ahead of the PCEye Go,

Thanks

I am using the same machine, just smaller, the Tobii I12+. Speed on Internet is great. I ditched Mozilla Firefox and use Google Chrome for a Web browser. My Wi-Fi is clocked at 50 Mbps. I keep the Tobii light and didn't load any large programs such as Microsoft Office, so that the little hard drive is always at 50% free or greater.

I've been using LC Technologies Eyegaze Edge, there is a recent thread about it, hopefully the search can find it. It has more processing power than Tobii, but we have to calibrate it, a few times a day. I am happy with it.

Eye Ballin,

pat

I've been so frustrated with the slow speed or any kind of Internet access on my Toby I15. Finally today we connected directly to the router instead of using wireless connection and everything runs like a dream!

T. Low:

On another thread ( discussing locked threads) you refer to a new product by Tobii light years ahead of anything else on the market. What is it?

In this current thread you compare the Eye X with Optikey to the PC Eye Go. I think you are saying youfindtheformer superior. Is that right?

Any other users of Optikey? Any advantages/disadvantages of this freeware (apart from the fact that it is free) compared to the commercial systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back