Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
illinois
City
arlington heights
Hi everyone. I was diagnosed about a year ago- for the passed few months I have what I call extreme clonus. My legs will shake and my clonus will not stop unless I change position of my legs. Can you guys tell me about your clonus issues and what are you taking for it.I have trie clonozepan and bacloffen.

Sebastian-

I don't have an answer to your question, but wanted you to know that someone read your post- I hope it gets better soon!

Anyone have answers?

Cindy

Let me preface this with I am not diagnosed with ALS and hope never to be but came here due to the symptoms.

I am probably wrong but I thought that clonus was diagnosed by a doctor during an exam with the little thingy that hits our legs, ankles, etc. or is clonus also as you describe? My doctor diagnosed me with clonus in August. My toe was hurt from stumbling and tearing a ligament and he kept wanting to "see my clonus" again. He said it was an upper motor neuron?

I do have the "jerky movements" over and over as I am drifting off to sleep and sometimes even waking me up in the middle of the night.

I have noticed that I feel my fasciculations when I sit down or lie down. I have noticed them when standing still but not to the degree you describe.

I hope someone else is able to help you more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back