External Catheter at Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we are all adults....I need clarification about something.

When us guys go into ream sleep or whatever it is called, we get an erection, according to the sleep lab Doctors. I have just received several samples of the condom Cather, in the mail, from one of the on line companies and I really don't have a clue what to do about allowing room for the movement or change in size while I sleep, if you know what I mean. :roll:

If you put it on while uh small, and go to sleep, and it changes, won't it just come off in your sleep? I hate to think I might wake up with urine all over the bed.

Also the ones I got were in millimeter sizes? I feel like a lost shoe salesman, without a shoe size chart. :oops:

God Bless
Capt AL

P. S. I know this had to make Al's day. Someone had to ask it, right? :shock:

Yes, the sizes are surprising. I know they come in at least medium (29mm), intermediate (maybe 32 mm?) and large (36 mm). As it turns out, the mediums are best for my dad. Just make sure that it is sealed completely. It requires squeezing all around,. --sounds weird, but I'm used to it. It the catheter itself does not need to go the whole length of the penis. We use the short sheath ones. Anyway, the catheters are stretchy, and I don't think you'd need to worry about it coming off during your sleep. Just have whoever puts it on make sure it is completely sealed. It does take some trial and error, and we had a few accidents at home, but all in all, these catheters are amazing. If my father were a woman, I don't know how we'd manage. Obviously, the women here on this site must manage somehow.

You guys are right, the medical staff doesn't know nearly as much as you would think about this stuff. If you're going to try these catheters, I would recommend non latex. That is a very sensitive area, and, even though my dad is not really allergic to latex, he is allergic to the latex catheters. What an awful reaction he had! Another "delicate" thing to remember is to really keep that area clean.

Hey Al. Which sounds better 6 inches or 29 millimeters. Maybe those British are on to something with that Metric stuff. LOL.

female help

Well, there is This....

I'm not sure how comfortable that would be though.

Hi girls this is just like i used in pediatric worked great for babies to get a clean catch urine . I was just sitting here thinking about those bags and looked on the site and there they are don't forget to shave though sticky on bottom lol:oops: janf

I vote for the millimeters. :-D

No comment about how many.....:-D:-D:-D

God Bless
Capt AL

re: catheter sizes

I notice they don't come in "small". What's up with that? :-D

AL right, who told on me?

God Bless
Capt AL

Thanks for the info Janf. I figure by the time any woman gets ready to need one of those things, she will no longer be able to shave herself. I don't know about you but I will pee all over the floor before I let anybody near me with a shaver in that area! :-D Cindy

I used to work in a drugstore many years ago and don't ever remember a guy coming in and asking for small condoms. They made them but no guy I knew would ask for them. LOL.
AL.

I'm sure they come in smalls, but medium is the smallest we tried, and that's what we stuck with. If the catheter is too big, it's harder to make sure it's sealed properly.

Mike.....I was most interested in your OLD post RE condom cathater and a GOOD fit. Could you give me some ideas. I am just learning to put it on my husband.

Rufus in AZ

Where do you get this one? I tried to Google it and nothing came up. Also, how DO you get a good seal? My husband is older so his penis is contracted and I have a hard time getting the condom on. Any suggestions? Rufus

I think Quadbliss has some tips for this. (Did he say KY Jelly works?) Try a search of this site to see how to get a good seal...

Hmmmm, This thread might get very interesting before it's over with. :-D

Hi Rufus,

Check out post no. 20 on page 2 of this thread.

One thing I have not mentioned until now; in the beginning, until you get the technique down, it is helpful if you are working with at least a partial erection. (I hope I did not cross any lines here.)

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back