Experiences Trilogy Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, what would be good?

I take a 3mg chewable Melatonin pill right before going to sleep at night. But also have you tried using the nasal pillows at night instead of a full face mask? And for the stuffiness I’ve used a small dab of Mentholatum on my nostrils. Hope your sleep improves- it’s important.

I would ask your doctor. Trazodone is very safe and well tolerated. I have a prescription for that; but there are other options. Your doctor could advise what might be best in this scenario.

For my PAL, the face mask was irritating but necessary. We cut strips of flannel and placed them between the mask and her face. Also, on the bridge of the nose. Kathy got a kind of sore there from the mask.

One caveat for the future, some hospice organizations consider a bipap to be a life prolonging intervention and won’t take patients who use them. If that happens keep looking. Others will.

I have started taking a couple of melatonin. Using mask when I first go to bed and don’t wake up until 4 hours or so later. Then remove mask and go back to sleep. Seem to be working ok.

Darrell

Glad to hear it

At the hospital now and thanks to this forum for the advice on Trilogy. Based on this advice I have the Trilogy with me and the hospital staff is using it to apply oxygen.

The RT while not familiar with the Trilogy was aware of its importance and used our set up, with special adapter and hooked it up to supply oxygen.

Oxygen levels are still low but much better than when we first arrived.

She is resting comfortably.

Ernie

Why is Sybil in the hospital, Ernie? Was there a catalyst for her sats dropping?

Laurie

Home Nurse said oxygen levels low 87/88. Once in ambulance and hooked up the readings were 96/98. EMT not surprised. Finger nail polish etc. causes false readings. Nurses are not always sensitive to these issues.

ER doctor wants her overnight at hospital. Fluid top of lungs. Also fluid in legs.

No apparent difficulty breathing but at end of exhale chest sort of drops.

Trilogy working beautifully. You are the angel here. You advised taking Trilogy to ER.

Oxygen levels stabilized in ER at 90/95. With supplemental oxygen not below 91.

These finger oximeters need constant attention since they slip and slide a lot and the readings do likewise.

In your debt

Ernie

Last edited:
Hi Ernie,

Hope your wife recovers quickly and goes home tomorrow.

As you may know my husband was home trached/ vented for four years and I took his O2 sats multiple times a day. The two things that would give us scary O2 numbers were cold hands and irregular heart beat ( he had a lot heart issues). If his hands were cold I would warm them up with a blanket or heating pad and be amazed how quickly his sat recovered !

Hope this helps for future reference, Kate

Hi Kate and thanks.

I plan to purchase an oximeter. Have recommendations from emergency EMT. The cautions they gave did not include cold hands. Thanks for the tip.

Sibyl had a restful night and is still sleeping. Amazing since she did not have her Tylenol.

I brought all her meds plus Jevity. Glad I did. I fed her Jevity while the nurse was out of the room and gave her sleep aid just before bedtime. All without nurse permission. It is amazing that these hospitals don't pay more attention to medications. The approval to give her Jevity was given at 9 pm.

Also, they are not using diapers anymore. They use a sort of portable cath. Not good. Underpads soaked during first hour. Don't know what we will find this morning. I brought diapers and given the chance will put one on this morning.

I use flonase for my allergies. It keeps me pretty clear all night. Maybe consider going to a nose mask or nasal pillow. I use both but prefer the pillow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back