Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
GA
City
Hinesville
im excited and scared. school will be out next week so i will be able to go to texas with my sweetie to see how he is doing. he has been on an up an down emotional rollar coaster ride. this will be my first time seeing him since he been diagnosed 1/2011. i'm excited because of course i miss him and hate he been going thru this solo so far and i been trying to keep him encouraged through calls, texts and emails. now i get the chance to be there for him up and personal. i'm scared because i know he haven't shared all of his symptoms with me, so i'm not exactly sure what to expect. i have prepared myself for the worse, but i hinestly feel that his strength might be renewed once i'm there. wish me luck and those who have faith, please pray for us.

Good luck and I know that you'll be ok with helping him with whatever happens.

Sounds like you will be what the Doctor ordered. I find that most PALS just want to be treated like normal. Enjoy yourselves, let the disease be in the background. Do not give ALS anymore power, it takes enough of us as it stands. Hope you have a wonderful reunion..

try making it clear to him that he is still who he was before diagnosis. so many folks are afraid that they will only be seen as "the person with als". this does happen alot, so i find it very important for us loved ones to make it perfectly clear that our PALS are NOT the disease. and keep this in mind as he progresses and it causes issues between the two of you. its not him. its the damn disease.
good luck and enjoy each other.

thanks everyone for the comments. Once I'm there I will keep ya'll posted with his progress.

To liz I got your message about PM's. I didn't know I had to have a certain amount of messages. I will take care of that today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back