Reason
Other
Country
US
State
ky.
City
louisville
I had the mylogram and spinal tap today. I had 4 shots first. The spinal tap did not bother me that bad, other than really bad Charley horses where ever the dye would go. The doc. said that was a side effect although somewhat rare. I have no headache only dizziness and muscle cramps in back and legs. He wants me to report to him if cramps do not go away tomorrow. I will see him on Monday for the results. He took to containers of spinal fluid, he said because I was undiagnosed he will bank one in case we need more test later and I will not have to go through this again,smart. Thanks to everyone for your well wishes and concerns, I will let you know Monday what I find out.

Renee

That's great Renee, If you get the headache just lay down on your back and it will go away.
Smart doctor to take extra fluid just incase it is needed down the line.

Renee,

I am glad that you are doing well, you are a strong women! If I had that dye and then got a cramp, I am sure I would have freaked out or thought I was gonna die right then and there from some .000001% chance or side effect! I had a spinal 10 yrs ago and I did not get a headache and believe it or not I went out to a party within 24 hrs.....oh to be young again and have no real worries....

Take care and have those beautiful childern wait on you, well as much as they can. Maybe get you water and rub your back!

blessings,

april

Renee, thanks so much for posting! This morning I meant to send you a message, but it was one thing after another when I got up, no heat in the bathroom, no running water in the house, (no newspaper on the doorstep!) anyway, I got distracted and didn't do it. Have been thinking about you though.

Are you allowed to be sitting up? Did they tell you to drink lots of fluid?

Please let us know how you're faring. ((hugs))

A very encouraging post, Renee. I hope they have some answers waiting for you on Monday.

Renee ... so glad it's over with and you're not in too much distress. Will be looking for news Monday.

Take care ...

If the spinal tap did not give you a headache put on some music by Spinal Tap - that will do it. And to think I used to listen to that.

Hope you keep doing well.

Glad it went well. Hopefully you'll have more news soon.

Robert

My son and husband are playing rock band for Wii my head is pounding. It's funnying the littlest thing he does and I say you are punished and can't play rock band. I just had 5 days of being headache free.

You all are so funny. I hate rock band and Spinal Tap, the band and procedure.

Rose, they made me stay flat four hours at the hospital and I am suppose to drink 8 oz. liquid every 1/2 hour, preferably caffeine, which was great news for this coffee and diet coke woman.

Well, I am getting a touch of a headache, so going to lay back down, thank you all for your kind words.

Renee

Last edited:
Take care Renee, and you stay headache free. Hoping for answers, on Monday. I will keep you in my prayers.

Renee-
Glad everything went good-make sure you rest and drink the fluids they want you to.
I'm keeping you in my prayers for good news on Monday-in the meantime, take it easy,
hugs,
brenda

Renee,

I can't believe they made you lie flat for four hours! I had mentioned previously that I had just observed a spinal tap on a friend, and maybe they had her lay down for, I don't know...15 minutes?!? There is so much variation out there. Incidentally, she didn't get a headache. I hope you don't as well!

Crossing my fingers you learn something useful from it all.

Lydia

lydia

I think they had me stay flat that long because I also had the myelogram at the same time. I think the fluid and being flat that long had to do with clearing the dye out of my spine, They were more worried about headache with the myelogram than lumbar puncture.I did not get one real bad though and I am only a little tender at the sight and were they gave me 4 shots before in the same spot. Thanks for the well wishes, let you know something Monday.

Renee

Renee, we all want to hear when you get some information about your test results! Here's hoping for some clear cut answers! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back