Reason
Loved one DX
Country
SWE
State
Kalmar
City
Lindås
I was my mothers caregiver. When i was 13-14 it all begun. As the disease took over her life more and more i stood there by her side.
In the beginning it was easy, she could do most things on her own but as the disease got to her more and more it became much worse.
She was once an independent confident woman but ALS changed her.
I will never forget the times i missed school to care for her. She felt so useless but i convinced her every time that it did not matter, "everything for you mum!"
She passed away 140311. The last 10 months in her life she was depending on the respirator. She got her nurses after a long struggle so she got to live with us, at home. The smile on her face when she arrived home after 6 months in the hospital will stay in my mind forever.
When the nurses came into her life it changed, i was not as important but when she needed help with personal things she talked to me. She changed so much but i can not count the hours i spent sitting next to her, holding hands.
Her funeral is tomorrow. I feel so empty, i want her here, i enjoyed helping her but its over now.

I am so sorry for your loss. what a wonderful daughter you are and a blessing on you for the love you showed your mom.

I am so sorry for your loss. Keep making your mother proud. She was so blessed to have such a caring/loving daughter in her life. Kim

Your mother was so lucky to have a daughter like you. My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family.

So sorry to hear your mum passed, cherish all the hours days weeks and months you both shared, she will always be in your heart

That is a hard way to grow up fast. I am so sorry for your loss, and although you will always miss her the sting will lessen. You will be in my prayers.

God bless you for being there for your Mom. She is at peace now. Keep the smile in your mind's eye whenever you feel down. My condolence to you and your family.

Mary Ellen

Bless you for being so wonderful and caring for your mother. I am very
sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss. I lost my mom to ALS almost exactly 10 years before your mom passed away. My mom went to be with the Lord 3-14-04. Moms are special people and hold a special place in our hearts. I know your mom cherished the wonderful moments you spent together as you cared for her. May the Lord give you an abundance of grace, peace, and mercy. ~ Judy

I am very sorry for your loss. You are a wonderful daughter, you made memories and I hope they carry you through your grief. I am sending prayers of strength and comfort. Thank you for being such a great daughter for your mom, you are special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back