Euthanasia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike,
I apologize, I did not mean this as a threat to anyone, I just used a bad choice of words.

No problem. I understand that your post was generated by love, and a genuine desire to help. :-D

Mike

...Just suppose there is something to all of this and when you pass away there really is a heaven and a hell. Is this a chance you want to take, people that have not trusted in Jesus Christ as their saviour will open their eyes in hell................the God we serve is a forgiving God.
What's wrong with this picture?

I believe in the wind, but I cannot hold it or see it. There are many things every day that I believe, even though I have never personally touched them. I believe volcano's are real, lava is real, the moon is real. Why? Facts support enough evidence that I can choose to believe in them. I choose to believe Jesus died for me and my sins even though I never met Him. It is a historical FACT that he lived and died. Not just a story.

I know where bdyle was coming from with his words of concern.

It is so hard for me as a Christian to feel in my heart that something is so real, so true, and I cannot understand how everyone could not see it. When I feel this way and get to know, love, and have compassion for the others on this forum, I almost feel as if you are a part of my extended family.

If I see a family member in pain or in need of some kind I would do everything in my power to try to help them before it was too late. Just as recently my grandson had to undergo brain surgery and I did all I could possibly do to help in time of need. Because in my mind this is what family members do for one another.

If your son is doing drugs do you just tolerate this? If your daughter is a drunk, do you tolerate it? Toleration is not the problem. Trying to get people to understand and face what we consider the absolute TRUTH is what we are saying. Not because I am trying to scare them into believing in God. I am only trying as best I know how in my meager own way to share what is in my own heart. This was the great commission that Jesus left to all believers,

Matthew 28; 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

God gives you and I give you, the right to choose whatever you want to believe it or reject it. But, I feel you must know the options available to you before your life is over. If you were on drugs I would recommend you get into a drug rehab program, alcohol, get into an alcohol rehab program.

If you live a life of denying there is a GOD who sent His son to die that you might have everlasting life, Get into God's program for your life before it is too late. Out of love, I must tell you about this, not out of a feeling of being judgmental or placing blame or guilt on you. I am not trying to cram God down your throat. Just sharing some heart felt feelings that have grown into my life over 62 years of life experiences.

Question for all of you? Why is it when anyone on this forum mentions Jesus, hell, heaven, or God you go into a panic mode and attack that person as not being tolerant? You talk of being an atheist, you can talk all about life just ending and we don't jump all over your case.

But, let one Christian try to share their heart felt feelings and thoughts about life after death, about how Jesus died that you might have everlasting life, about how our peace and confidence is settled in the God of our fathers and you attack. It just seems strange does it not? Now who is not being tolerant?

I am not trying to start an argument here. I am just defending the right to share with others what we believe without starting a war. If you want to attack, argue, whatever email me at [email protected]

Please let us use this forum to build one another up and encourage one another to be able to walk in their own beliefs to the end of time without attacking them. Do you have any idea how this makes them feel? Do you care? When someone of faith opens up their heart to you and you respond as you have at times, it is like a knife has been stabbed into their heart.

Oh yes that's right. Society says today everyone has to be politically correct.

Christians are a minority? If you have a Christian opinion then leave it on the thread "For Christians" called Encouragement for Hurting Christians.

You might as well say, "Shut up and go away, your opinion is not wanted here".

One more word of advice that I know you neither want or will believe:

Proverbs 16:25, "There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."

And I leave you with my own view from the word of God,
Romans 12:18, If it be possible, as much as in you lieth, be at peace with all men.

God Bless
Capt AL

Capt. Al

Al, thanks for the words of encouragement. I was just expressing my heartfelt concern for bala80.

bdyle & mtpockets, Your posts were very enlightening and done out of genuine concern. I also have noticed a long time ago that anytime you mention God, people want to get very offensive on these forums. But thats ok, I would rather them get offensive, than me not relate what God lays on my heart to say. BTW, bdyle I did'nt think you used a bad choice of words whatsoever.

Hi - I am not a believer, but am not so arrogant as to say God definitely does not exist.(I have beliefs myself that some may find wacky). I can see how people's faith in God sustains them through rough times and I'm genuinely pleased for them, am happy when someone wishes me 'God bless' and have been moved when people are saying prayers for others. Encouraging people to have faith, explaining the comforts it brings you, and the love it fosters is one thing, but to tell someone already going through such a hard time with this disease that they are going to hell for not believing in Jesus is a bit much to take, and entirely counterproductive.

This is not an attack on anyone, especially as it seems to have been sorted amicably. It's just my position :)

Al,

Please accept my apologies for submitting a post that could be interpreted as an attack. I went back to re-read my post from the perspective you articulated, and I see how you could perceive it as adversarial. I did not intend it that way. My intention was to gently point out that telling a man already suffering emotionally and physically from a recent ALS diagnosis that he would soon experience a fate more painful than ALS because of his spiritual views, was not helpful. After further reflection on my statements I realize I was too direct, and I apologize to any one who felt attacked or chastised. Please forgive me.

My goal in this thread was to promote compassion, not anger or division. I believe each of us is entitled to their own spiritual beliefs, as long as their religious expression doesn't harm others. (I am not an atheist.)

Mike

I am sure no one here meant to insult or hurt anyone's feelings or beliefs. WE do not do that on THIS forum. That can be done on the other less caring forums that are out there. Right?
AL

Thanks so much for all your comments. I hope we can agree to disagree? We each have our own beliefs, morales, and lifestyles. In the end it's always our choice to be what we are and believe. Thank you for allowing me to be me. I do love this family, all of you, and feel for your suffering.
God Bless
Capt AL

Quote from Ben Stein on GOD

The following was written by Ben Stein and recited by him on CBS Sunday Morning Commentary
"Here with a few confessions from my beating heart:
I have no freaking clue who Nick and Jessica are. I see them on the cover of People and Us constantly when I am buying my dog biscuits and kitty litter. I often ask the checkers at the grocery stores. They never know who Nick and Jessica are either. Who are they? Will it change my life if I know who they are and why they have broken up? Why are they so important? I don't know who Lindsay Lohan is either, and I do not care at all about Tom Cruise's wife. Am I going to be called before a Senate committee and asked if I am a subversive? Maybe, but I just have no clue who Nick and Jessica are. If this is what it means to be no longer young. It's not so bad.

Next confession:
I am a Jew, and every single one of my ancestors was Jewish. And it does not bother me even a little bit when people call those beautiful lit up, bejeweled trees Christmas trees. I don't feel threatened. I don't feel discriminated against. That's what they are: Christmas trees. It doesn't bother me a bit when people say, "Merry Christmas" to me. I don't think they are slighting me or getting ready to put me in a ghetto. In fact, I kind of like it. It shows that we are all brothers and sisters celebrating this happy time of year. It doesn't bother me at all that there is a manger scene on display at a key intersection near my beach house in Malibu. If people want a creche, it's just as fine with me as is the Menorah a few hundred yards away I don't like getting pushed around for being a Jew, and I don't think Christians like getting pushed around for being Christians. I think people who believe in God are sick and tired of getting pushed around, period. I have no idea where the concept came from that America is an explicitly atheist country. I can't find it in the Constitution, and I don't like it being shoved down my throat. Or maybe I can put it another way: where did the idea come from that we should worship Nick and Jessica and we aren't allowed to worship God as we understand Him? I guess that's a sign that I'm getting old, too. But there are a lot of us who are wondering where Nick and Jessica came from and where the America we knew went to.
In light of the many jokes we send to one another for a laugh, this is a little different: This is not intended to be a joke; it's not funny, it's intended to get you thinking.
Billy Graham's daughter was interviewed on the Early Show and Jane Clayson asked her "How could God let something like this happen?" (regarding Katrina) Anne Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response. She said, "I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?" In light of recent events...terrorists attack, school shootings, etc.
I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she was murdered, her body found recently) complained she didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK.
Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school . the Bible says thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK.
Then Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr. Spock's son committed suicide). We said an expert should know what he's talking about. And we said OK.
Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.
Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to do with "WE REAP WHAT WE SOW".
Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell.
Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says.
Funny how you can send 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing.
Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace. Are you laughing?
Funny how when you forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you for sending it.
Funny how we can be more worried about what other people think of us than what God thinks of us.
Pass it on if you think it has merit. If not then just discard it... no one will know you did. But, if you discard this thought process, don't sit back and complain about what bad shape the world is in.
My Best Regards . honestly and respectfully.
Ben Stein"
He said it all for me
God Bless
Capt AL

Capt. Al:

Thank you for posting this article.

Interesting and succinct Capt. AL!

Bala, I respect your point of view and hope you will be able to find peace in whatever form it takes.

The Bigger Issue

Hi All,

While I accept and understand that this topic was bound to spark a huge debate. Whats the saying politics and religion should never be discussed between friends and here we all are trying to tackle both in such emotional circumstances........Oooopsie.

I think that some may have missed the bigger picture. I was saddened when I read Bala,s post more because along with suffering from this cruel disease he is also suffering an understandable severe case of depression. Bala heve you talked to your doctor about what may be able to be done chemically to possibly help with this. I dont pretend to know if there is but at at a time like this it breaks my heart to know that you are suffering so emotionally as well as phsyically.

My dear friend died in Feb this year from ALS and he also had a fast progressive form. While he had a short time and long battle with the disease he had good days and bad days he also shared your view and could only take controll when he was almost gone. Anyway my point is he had more good days than bad days. I would love for you to be able to have some good days in amongst all of this. Not for your family, not for your friends but for YOU............

Please try..............

Cathy

I was a hospice nurse for years. I have taken care of terminally ill young and old people. I have had people in terrible pain beg me not to let them die. I've had people beg God to let them die. I felt deep compassion for them and their families. I know that most of the ones I cared for were kept as comfortable as possible. I don't have a fear of my husband suffering Because I know what can be done to relieve that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back