Eric Edney and Even Better Now - Don't Be Fooled By This Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snake Oil Salesmen?

Just goes to show they are alive and well today. They will sell anything from seaweed to magical potion injections.

Might as well visit a witch doctor too while you are at it.

Throw dem bones, cast that spell, make me well as hell.
Oh but first SHOW ME THE MONEY.

Just my opinion, I have ALS and I want to know the FACTS......Not false hope, miracle cure, pie in the sky. I know I am dying and I am getting ready for it the only way I know how to, by praying and trusting God. I take the medicine my Neurologist and other doctors recommends, Rilutek, B-12 shots for energy(Works a little), Valium, and Lortab for pain when I have it. My doctors have said their goal is to make me as comfortable as possible, that is all they can do while I slowly die.

I know and respect that others have different beliefs. You walk your way and I'll walk mine and I'll give you the right and space to do what you feel is right. Please do some more research before you jump into these schemes. There are plenty of places on the internet that will tell you what has happened to some of these people who have tried these miracle cures. Most are dead now and all have less money. Don't believe me do a search here for different treatments and see the results for yourself.

Saying all that, I feel so sorry for people who are being ripped off on false hope and false cures just for $$$$$$$$$ That money could be better spent on real research.

Think of the future when your loved one is gone, like me for example, my wife will have no income. 60 years old and bills everywhere and no income. The only income will be Social Security survivor benefits which are a joke. They will not even buy groceries. So if my wife spent one dollar on some false hope cure when there is NONE, I would be greatly upset. Because I love her and I am seriously concerned about how she will live after I am gone and the income is gone also. How will she survive?

This is just one of the reasons I get so upset when I see people not being honest about these treatments, and promises of a cure. It hurts to see other people hurt. Even having said all that, it's your money, and I support the right for you to do whatever you think is best in your situation.

BUT, THERE IS NO CURE, YET.........

God Bless you and your loved ones,
Big AL

:oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
My two cents...

First, here are "Dr" Nissen's qualifications (note *0* rigorous medical school training):

Educated in Germany, Dr. Nissen studied physical therapy before becoming a Naturopathic Physician in Berlin. He completed his education with extensive training in Dynamic Spinal Vertebra Therapy, Acupuncture-Massage , and Auriculotherapy. He also trained in Ayurvedic Medicine in India under Dr. Subhash Ranade. Dr. Nissen undertook additional specific environmental courses in Germany and the U.S. and has written several articles about environmental health.

Does anyone really want to trust someone like this? I know it is tempting to abandon our conventional medical system (after all, they haven't cured anyone of this disease) but sometimes that's how it is. We are not anywhere near such an advanced stage in medical practice that we can understand all of the things that cause our bodies to malfunction. But, really, what makes anyone think that someone like this pseudo doctor is going to be any better?

Let's move on to the aspect of altrusim. Stop and think for a second. There is no known cure for this disease! None. Nada. Here I am on the edge of being diagnosed with it (still seeing the possibility of it being something else for me) but I know two men who have it (one is gone now). Additionally, I've been put into a position of having to learn a lot more about it and a lot more about the people who have it. So, what if I discovered a system of treatments that could slow/cure it? Imagine that for yourselves too. What if *you* discovered some such thing? Go beyond that even. Suppose you were someone like this Eric person? You've read his story. He's done very well for himself. He does not need extra income. Now if it were me, and I could prove that I have been improved, there would be two things I would do. One, I would publish the book on-line as an e-book. It would be on my site, free of charge, to anyone wanting to load it down. I would also provide a printed copy for anyone who asked. That would be free of charge, as well. I wouldn't even charge for shipping. If I could not afford the printing free of charge I would find it from charitable organizations and businessmen. You may have noticed that he is a successful businessman (owns his own insurance agency). He must have many many contacts in the business world who would be more than happy to fund such an effort. Second, I would publish, and make available to anyone who asks, complete and certified documentation proving that I have had success in treating my ALS. I would also provide the contact information for everyone in the medical profession who I have seen and knows first-hand what I've been through. Without doubt, these professionals would be more than happy to help get the message out. I would also provide contact information for the others cured. Surely they would love to be contacted by anyone. Wouldn't you? If you had used such a remedy--and it worked--wouldn't you be shouting it to the world? I would give up my work and travel to every ALS clinic I could get to and share my story, information and proof. And I have no doubt that I could find wealty people willing to fund it. If you have the proof, all you have to do is ask.

Now here is the really important point. If I (or you) had all of this documented so that I (or you) could absolutely prove that it works, I (or you) would contact medical scientists who would like nothing better than to have an opportunity to do the research and then publish their findings in medical journals that will allow for appropriate peer review. That is a major feather-in-the-cap for any scientific researcher in any field.

Since the first thing that catches your eye on Eric's site is the list of CCs he is taking...what does that tell you? Maybe he is in it for the money? Where is the altruism?

Whenever I look at sites proclaiming to offer miracle cures that conventional medicine can't offer, the first thing I look for is whether or not they are selling products. If they are--boom--I'm gone. Scammers sell, altruists don't.

Dang, I wish it were possible to do something about creeps like this!

David L

Very angry

Hi, my name is Danny and I was my mum Lynda’s carer up until her untimely death from MND on the 13th of July 2006. I started a web site for my mum to tell her story of her life and the battle she had with her illness, even though she has now passed on to a better place I will be keeping her web site going until there is definitive cure for this horrible disease. As well as telling the story of my mums life, good times and bad, I will be trying to put as much useful and accurate information about MND on it as possible. The reason I am writing a comment in this forum is that I was shocked to read that Eric Edney could possibly be a fraud, when my mum first diagnosed herself with ALS (yes she diagnosed herself, the Doctor actually called her a hypochondriac and told her to go away), the first book she bought after searching the net for answers was Eric Edneys. She tried to follow his regime as much as possible, but due to finances this proved very hard to do.
I am some what unsettled to think that we were conned, and extremely angry to think that my mum was given false hope by reading this book. I actually have information about Eric’s book (review written by my mum) on my web site and a link so people can buy it, I am absolutely in no way out to make money from people who buy it through my site as all money made from the site will be donated to the MND Association, but I also don’t want anybody else to make money from it by promoting false hope. If these claims about this book are true then I will be removing it from my site, I’m not sure what to do as my mum had such a belief in what Eric had to say, I know the world has its dark side but for someone to make money in this way is just pure evil.

Danny, eric edney and the "book" heavily promote detoxification and supplements. After speaking with doctors and doing my own research there's no proven help to be found in either. I tell friends not to waste their money on any of those websites, multi level marketing schemes or detox programs - the only place you hear about them is on websites.

If it worked you would be introduced to these treatments by the ALS professionals and doctors. Not online hacks and market made profiteers.

The first clue to a BAD SITE

If you go to a site claiming to have some kind of CURE for ALS MND the first sign of trouble is if they sale something, ask for your credit card, bank account number or as I like to say, "SHOW ME THE MONEY".

If you see that be afraid. very afraid. IF there was a legitimate cure, don't you think Our Neurologists would be the first to tell us? They want to keep us alive so they can make more money off us too.

Also if you research the credintials of the site Guru you'll always find they are not medical professionals. Another words they have not been properly trained. Most would not recognize a motor neuron under a microscope. Yet they claim to be able to stop the progression of the disease.

I spoke with my neurologist about such people yesterday. She is very upset about all these websites bilking money out of people with false hope cures. There was a comment made that she thought a lot of these sites where the people claim to have ALS, MND, had never even had the disease to start with. There are some of these people claiming to have lived 18 years with als. That just doesn't happen. They are there just to take your money.

Danny look at the end result of the money spent on your Mum. What where the results. She died. So did the claims made by this web site help your Mum? I rest my case.

I'm sorry you had to go through this experience. I hope you can find peace that you did everything you thought was right to do for her. Maybe your experience can help others by warning them about False Hope.

I'm sorry to say, there is no cure.

God Bless,
Big AL

Well said Al.

It's very sad, but there are people out there creating websites to sell false hope. The ALS Options website, the Even Better Now organisation and this Eric Edney book all have the same "schtick", to sell false hope for a very substantial profit.

Danny, false hope may be better than no hope

Danny I'm not into Eric Edney, but if it encouraged your Mom in any way, good for you in trying to help her. I don't criticize what pathways any one takes. I know of people who went to China for stem cell treatment; it didn't work, but I don't blame them for trying. I wouldn't go, but understand that desparate situations lead to difficult decisions. WE WANT TO LIVE! Also agree that most nueros aren't interested in finding a cure for us--just write us off as dead-men walking. Everything I found to help me, I researched on internet & called doc & said, "Could I try this?" Then he'd write prescription. I was angry to find some of the treatment was available since 02. (I was diagnosed in Mar 05)
You have to be your own advocate. I'm now 18 mos. past diagnosis. Have Bulbar type which can take you down in a hurry because affects speech, swallowing, breathing. Sorry about your Mom. She was blessed to have a son like you.

gyconutrient

I took glyconutrients by Even Better Now and spent over $400 dollars and all that happened was I had good bowel movments.

It was a big price to pay. I am so mad that someone would take advantage of desperate people God help them.

Thanks for listening and beware of Even Better Now And Eric Edney.

Thanks Pat

Most PALS, when first diagnosed, will look for whatever hope they can find. If you look back to the start of this thread, you'll see I went through that phase as well.

The thing you have to understand about Edney and people who follow his regimen is that they reject Western medicine. They believe, and I think sincerely, that medical doctors simply are not able to accept alternative healing methods. And you must admit, there is some truth in this. But that's a far cry from arguing that a detoxification regimen can "cure" ALS. There is simply no evidence to support this claim.

A disease such as ALS, with no real cure, can cause people to become vulnerable to those who offer hope- even false hope. It is hard to resist the siren's song. I do it by using the common sense God gave me. Others must choose their own path. I refuse to see myself as "dying from" ALS; I see myself as "living with" ALS, the best I can each day.

My DAD was diagnosed at 63 years of age 2 years ago .....He had never lived an unhealthy lifestyle , he never drank alcohol , never smoked was a vegetarian who always watched what he ate ...he played premier league football in the UK , was a cricket player and during his mid life years kept fit by playing tennis .

After his diagnosis he purchased Erics book ...followed the programe to a T , spent thousands of $$$ detoxing himself , even shifted house to get away from the toxic polish on the floorboards .

Yesterday he was in hospital having a P.E.G inserted to feed him as he is down to only 58kgs due to choking .....he has lost complete use of his arms and his voice is now limited to a husky inaudible one word at a time rasp .

Eric is a conman .......I am angry that my Dad stopped taking the Rilutec as part of detoxifying his body ......The stress of eating organic , the clay baths and following Erics instructions I believe have destroyed this man into an undignified mess a lot sooner than should have .

Stay away from Erics book ..my advice live life for today and ENJOY IT

megan

Thanks for your input Megs. Sorry about your dad. Welcome to the forum. Hope we can be of some help. AL.

Yikes!

After reading back to the origin of this post I couldn't understand the sentiment against Edney and what his book was all about . I too was suspicious when I was introduced to this book ,but I approached it with caution . I wanted to hear what the man had to report on how he obtained benefit in any way . After reading the book I had noticed how my doctor had advised me of antioxidants and that they couldn't hurt me .
He gave me a list of vitamins or supplements such as the CQ 10 , vit.E ,C and B -12 injections . I had already been takeing these supplements in hopes of staving off any progression of this bastard ( als ) . So after trying the program to the best of my abilities
for about three months I seemed to at least maintain a steady level . Then I recently couldn't afford all of the extra products that they sell at their site . Now I only added the products that made cense . The protein ,the celation liquid ,cell activator and the mud. I have since to use the mud .What happened to me after I stopped taking the supplements is not what I wanted . I started having problems with the strength in my legs , neck and in my breathing . I don't know if it means anything but I still am on a very strict diet of foods free of things like msg and other preservatives . Actually all I normally eat in a day will include the formula that goes in the peg . Good water ,fruits blended with orange juice and I cheat a cup or two of coffee in the morning . The program demands purification of the body which can't be bad as long as your not robbing yourself of vital nutrients . Now I plan on going back on the supplements as soon as the holidays are over .I don't expect to reverse anything because that just doesn't seem to be realistic . Not with ALS anyhow . I don't know exactly what to look for either . But if I keep a positive attitude ,eat properly prepared healthy and free of the preservatives and pesticides foods and continue to keep my body away from all other harmful airborne contaminants , I can't see anything here that could possibly be negative on me .
I think if you follow anyone to the edge of a cliff it's up to you to decide how close to the edge you are willing to go .
Practice common sense and you'll live alot longer .
We all have a nasty ride ahead and learning about what causes this disease is the one and only way the scientists are going to be able to crush this disease .
What we can do until then is be positive and try to learn what we need to do to ourselves to slow down the progression .

Everyone,

12 years ago I was told that I had gall bladder disease AND a hiatal hernia AND Barrett's Esophagus (a chronic condition, percurser to esophaheal cancer and 90% fatal if not caught early). I had my gall bladder removed and a nissan fundiplication to repair the hernia.

Less than a year after my surgery I was informed of a lawsuit against the surgeon who did my "wrap." Apparently he had made a lot of money by scaring people into having this very expensive surgery. One year later he died from a massive heart attack. (Poetic justice?) The lawsuits were dropped because he had hidden all the profits from his ill-gotten gains in his wife's and children's names.

Ten years after the surgery, I had to have a redo of the Nissan. It seems that my surgery was unnecessary. I did not have an hiatal hernia after all, but the wrap caused me some big problems. After my second surgery, I had two upper endoscopy exams that confirmed that I did NOT have Barrett's Esophagus. The total cost for me and my insurance companies was over $250K.

Last fall, my wife went to her family dr complaining of weakness in her left hand and right leg, muscle twitches and cramping at night. She sent her to a podiatrist. After an MRI, the podiatrist sent her to a neurologist, who used an EMG to diagnose moderately severe carpal tunnel in her wrists. This of course didn't do anything to relieve the complaints about twitches and her leg.

Eventually the neuro sent her to an orthopedic surgeon, his MRI (on both her neck and lower back) diagnosed a slipped disc. He suggested surgery and a second Ortho confirmed his diagnosed. (I can only assume that they did the MRI on her upper neck to rule out anything that may be causing her problems with her left arm.) Unfortunately, neither ortho could give her any help with the twitching and cramping. All they knew was that there wasn't anything they could find. She eventually had her S1, D4, and D5 fused and started to notice improvement in her foot drop and could even move her toes again after some rehab.

One month after the surgery, she was back to another neuro who told her the twitching could be BFS, MS, or ALS. (Don't get me started on this jerk.) We asked for a referral to Mayo and their neuro confirmed that she did indeed have ALS.

So what's the point? I guess the point is that Eric and others are NOT the only ones making money off people with illnesses like ALS. A podiatrist, two neuros, and two orthopedic surgeons got a lot of money from us and our insurance company! (Don't ask me how much, I haven't added it up yet.) I'm not even counting the cost of three days at Mayo.

My wife is dying from ALS. We both have come to terms with the diagnosed and are NOT in denial (wish I could say the same for my M-I-L). My wife has read Eric Edney's book. We have paid quite a bit of money to have her amalgams and root canals removed. And we will continue to try and detoxify (yes, even with mud baths) and live our lives as healthily as possible from this point forward.

While I have no doubt that my wife will die from ALS, I will NOT take away her hope. I will spend every penny I have and we will never give up. I hesitate to say this to those of you who have ALS, but I feel you're in some form of denial yourselves. I don't know enough about detoxifying yet to say it doesn't work. I hope to someday and believe me I'm praying it does. One thing I can guarantee though is that if it does help, I will NOT come back here and gloat. I also will not ask for your sympathy when the inevitable happens.

I feel very strongly that it takes a great deal of faith to believe in the alternatives and holistic cures. Faith is the only thing we have, how dare you try to take that away from anyone? What do you have to gain? Shame on you.

And so you know that I'm not selling anything, you can call me anytime 515-418-1710. My name is Joel. I'm an editor living in Des Moines, IA. My wife's name is Lisa. Our journey is an open book. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Money is the least of our worries.

-Joel

Hi Joel. I think if enough people said they were screwed on this forum by the doctors you mentioned (but not by name) I would not let them advertise here either and would slam them as well. I do not feel that I am dashing anyone's hopes by saying this guy can't advertise his overpriced and arguably worthless product here. There are a couple of other forums that allow people to promote and sell his stuff. Somebody's making a lot of money over there. I have been slammed on other forums by people banned from here for trying to sell false hope. I don't get one red cent from anyone for moderating this forum and as a matter of fact it probably costs me money. I do not begrudge that because I believe in this forum and it's values.
If detoxifying works for your wife I will be happy for you and for her but I just don't think it works. There isn't enough evidence in yet and until there is I will suspect these guys of scamming. We've had more people here complaining of being screwed than we have of being cured. Coincidence? I think not. The good thing is that we can become educated and make our own choices. I am sure you tell everyone you meet that says they are going to go to the doctors that screwed you that they will be possibly be given bad care and advice. That's the same thing we do here. Not to make them lose hope but to give them some and not false hope.
AL.

Bravo Joel. I applaud you. You have expressed my sentiments exactly.

As for doctors? I see the modern version of the hypocratic oath is now the "hypocritical" oath. I am going to write a book one day... it will probably cover several volumes.

"We have nothing to lose and everything to gain" quite right. Hope things go well for Lisa and you.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back