Eric Edney and Even Better Now - Don't Be Fooled By This Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.
ladave said:
... I would shudder to think that people here would stop resonding to me and interacting with me because they thought I just came here to build up some "points" so I could then shill for some product or other...
Not to worry at this end. Your opinions sit rock-solid with me.

CIARA,

I'm not a rich fella, quite the opposite actually, I'm borderline impoverished.

HOWEVER, I am willing to pay to meet Eric Edney, and on my dime, I would be willing to fly him to Toronto for a discussion; I suspect this offer will not be accepted.

Whether Eric has ALS would be of no consequence to me personally; I'd be very curious to see his income tax statement though and where his income is derived from. I think this would be very informative.

Has anyone ever met Eric Edney? Is Eric Edney a prominant figure in any recognizable and trustworthy ALS organizations? Eric's in your backyard Dave, have you met him?

I find these comments by Eric and his wife very interesting:

This book was written for the benefit of other PALS. It was not written to make money. If I wanted to write a book to make money, I would have written about sex and violence

Further on in their sales pitch on the BT forums is this comment:

This book is offered freely and with no obligation. However, there is a limit. I am retired and have a little bit money so I can afford to give away some books.

My personal favourite is the religious comparison:

You have heard the tale of David and Goliath? This is my David’s (Eric’s) story about how he has tamed that awful Goliath (ALS).

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
David-

First, I've already explained why I decided to take a flyer on the foot baths. $30 on EBay bought me enough clay for about 10 foot baths, if I see no benefit at that time I won't order a second batch. As to the cost issue, I think that's plain enough as well, though you obviously disagree with my reasoning. And I'm not "contiunuing to defend" the foot baths- already said I saw no benefit so far. Really, at this point I'm defending my right as a PALS to discuss things I've tried without being branded a "shill" by the moderator of the forum.

I understand your zeal to squelch the scam artists, but be careful about squelching honest discussion about alternate healing at the same time. Legitimate PALS belonging to this site will want to discuss various things they've tried. I don't get how a statement that I thought something was "worth a try" is a "product endorsement" when the very next sentence says I'm not recommending this for anyone else.

I have not met Mr. Edney. He lives over 100 miles from me, not exactly my "back yard". Many statements in his book led me to believe that he and I would not exactly get along if we met- for one thing I'd like to know where he gets off saying anyone who doesn't have their amalgam fillings removed is "gonna die". Edney impresses me as a zealot about a method of treatment that is wholly unproven. As to whether he's a fraud in saying he has ALS, he gives enough specifics for anyone to determine how truthful he is about that. For example, he claims to have been diagnosed at Loma Linda Hospital. That is an ALSA clinic which would not allow itself to be used to fraudulently misrepresent the status of a patient; a few calls could probably uncover whether that is true or not. I tend to think he would not have made such an easily refutable claim were it not true, but you never know- sometimes the most brazen lies are the least likely to be uncovered.

Anyway I agree with David that it really doesn't matter much if he's a true PALS, the real question is do the remedies he suggests work. So far there is no proof of his claims. "I used it and got better" is not "evidence" of anything to me.

Just a thought here guys. If you called Loma Linda and asked if anyone was a patient they would not tell you because of Dr. patient privacy laws.He could name off 10 hospitals he's been to and you or I couldn't legally find out if he was lying. Big lawsuit in California for that stuff. I'll still interact with you Dave. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but as David says just don't advertize with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
ladave

oh i see people are saying dave is working for companys that sell these products is that what is going on here? well i have e-mailed ladave several times asking his advise and never once has he suggested to me to use any product or herbal remedy. and you can bet i don`t work for any company out there cause i am broke. and if he wants to stick his feet in clay who cares if it makes him feel better then do it. mind over matter.

best wishes
kim

Ciara, I did not mean to mislead anyone in thinking dave works for a clay foot bath company or affiliate. You are entirely right, dave is absolutely entitled to stick his feet where ever he chooses - and a warm foot bath is a good place to put them. ;-)

Dave, after reading your response - you are entirely and completely correct in everything you said. I apologize if you were offended, or feel my earlier posts put your character in question - it wasn't my intention.

Last edited:
Thanks, David. And Al, I agree, I will be careful not to advertise for anything.

As to Edney and Loma Linda- one could ask him to waive the privilege and allow Loma Linda to release his records. Refusal would indicate something suspicious.

Hi Folks,

I would like to say a word about Eric Edney, it's a scam, the website sells all kinds of crap, false hope galore.

No one is badmouthing Eric Edney, but some have been less than pleased with his ideas. Take care. Al.

Time will tell, I'm still absolutely shocked that nobody from the Eric Edney camp has contacted us directly about this thread.

I know that I would be absolutely shocked and upset if I was Eric Edney (if this guy even exists, I've seen no proof yet, which leads me to believe that Eric Edney is a complete fake and fraud).

This thread is less than friendly towards him and one would expect him to have contacted us regarding it.

His lack of response is definitely not an indication of dishonesty, but it does seem strange.

Last edited:
interesting

I don't know how I missed this thread before, but just tripped upon it tonight.

Interesting discussion guys. I will definately keep away from that site and or sites.

Barb :)

David--

I think the lack of response is fairly typical of people whose "radical" ideas and advice are questioned. They are more likely to take the high road and not engage inthe discussion because they are so confident that they are right that they feel it is not necessary to respond. Am I making sense?:?

Liz

This is the kind of thing that will bring light this forum.

*inflammatory remarks removed*

*please refrain from using foul language*

Hrmmmmm, huh?

Thelma: Slow down and take a big breath. Most of your posts seem to be filled with anger and I'm just not sure who you are angry at. I know that this a very frustrating illness and we have no idea of who you are or where you are from. Would you care to enlighten us? Do you have ALS? Where are you from? I think a little information is forthcoming rather than badgering. Who are you and why are you upset with us? And which forum are you referring to that was a class A failure?
The ball's in your court. Fess up or shut up as we say here in Ontario.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back