Eric Edney and Even Better Now - Don't Be Fooled By This Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Doris,
As anyone on this forum can tel you I am the last one to try to kill hope, but I will jump in when any member needs facts based on past experiences. Look at the number below my name, that says how many times I have tried to help others or commented. I am not new to this.

I BET YOU DID NOT EVEN SPEND 30 MINUTES USING THE SEARCH FUNCTION TO SEE WHAT OTHERS HAVE EXPERIENCED WITH THIS BEFORE ATTACKING?
Ask yourself why is this? Do you not want to know the truth of what others have found from Mr. Eric?:roll:

I commented just trying to give you more information so you could make a better decision based on facts and experience. i have said before and I will say it again, if eating dog feces will cure ALS then fill up my plate, but do not feed me a load of crap and expect me to pay for it.

Make your own choice, but at least consider our experiences.
Get the facts from those who have lost money and gained nothing.
THERE IS NO CURE OR TREATMENT FOR ALS, God knows I want one.

Reversed is the word used by my Doctor. I believe if the disease did'nt kill him then it stopped or "reversed" Hawkin's was diagnosed in 1960 (according to the mda/als website) How did he live? Did he do something consistent with other +20yr people?

Your Kaiser doctor is playing fast and loose with words, hot...dog. Reversed is an extremely overstated way of characterize an apparent halt in progress of the disease.

When I press the brake pedal on a car, the progression of the car in the direction it was going slows and eventually halts, but it does not reverse. I think that a similar thing can be said about long-term survivors with ALS. They are no longer progressing in a measurable way, but they haven't reversed the disease unless there are measurable improvements to be seen.

This damn car doesn't even have a lower gear let alone park or reverse, time for a recall :roll::roll: All I have is a steering wheel and I'm trying to keep it between the ditches!

If I did not get a trache and vent I would have died 2 years ago. I am still progressing but using technology I can keep living. So if I live like this my ALS has reversed? That doctor is a quack! Sorry but that is the way I feel.

Why are you defining words, trfogey? What about the concept of interviewing these longterm people?
Reverse, backup, stop, impede direction, apply the brakes, constrict advancement, Whatever you call it they did'nt die. WHY NOT?

Probably not the place for this rant, but I gotta say I don't like the term "progression". That might be what the disease is doing, but I'm slipping, loosing ground, deteriorating, regressing even, but not progressing. But I'll be in the fight every day

? Have you used the search yet to see what has happened in history with our members? Them maybe you just like to argue.
I hope you do not ever learn about the quacks in Mexico and China injecting stem cells, for $40,000 and up. Another snake oil salesman at work. You might want to research (search) those results on here also.
Have a great weekend, and go do something fun, uplifting, make some good memories for your family..

mtpockets, I'm not spending time on here to argue! I don't pretend to know all the schemes out there but edneys recommendations are out of a natural docs playbook, not in the league of true scam artists.

I choose my battles mostly through the clinical trials for als. Marijuana has great potential in rats, but then they drop the ball (I am partaking). Hyperbaric chamber test increased the muscle mass in 4 out 5 guys(mda/als website) then no more tests. I bought one. The ama is not interested unless its a drug.

What I would really like to see from this website is a collective group hammering the mda to do interviews with longterm als patients. Breast cancer does an awesome job raising $. We don't have that capability since als is rare, but a group could excert more pressure than an individual.

I will have a great weekend, going to mariners vs dbacks spring training game sat. I have a wife of 25 yrs and 20 and 17yr old kids. They keep me busy!

Hope you have a great weekend!

hot...dog, There is nothing wrong with interviewing and studying long-term survivors of ALS, and I've never heard anyone here suggest anything of the sort, so take that strawman and burn it on your rubbish heap some cold night.

Second, it's not my side of the argument that is redefining words and moving goalposts. Stopped progressing is certainly different from progressing, but it is also different from reversing progression.

I am acquainted with several people online whose ALS progression appears to have halted. Some of them have had ALS for more than twenty years. All of them who I have seen express an opinion on Eric Edney think he's a scammer.

hot...dog, There is nothing wrong with interviewing and studying long-term survivors of ALS, and I've never heard anyone here suggest anything of the sort, so take that strawman and burn it on your rubbish heap some cold night.

Second, it's not my side of the argument that is redefining words and moving goalposts. Stopped progressing is certainly different from progressing, but it is also different from reversing progression.

I am acquainted with several people online whose ALS progression appears to have halted. Some of them have had ALS for more than twenty years. All of them who I have seen express an opinion on Eric Edney think he's a scammer.

Wow trfogey I did'nt know having an original idea( outside the forumn) was a bad thing. I'm only 49, please explain the strawman comment, I take it as its bad idea?

Second, your right all you want to do is argue

Third Why not interview those 20+ that you know about what they did instead of eric edney.

mtpockets, I'm not spending time on here to argue! I don't pretend to know all the schemes out there but edneys recommendations are out of a natural docs playbook, not in the league of true scam artists.

I choose my battles mostly through the clinical trials for als. Marijuana has great potential in rats, but then they drop the ball (I am partaking). Hyperbaric chamber test increased the muscle mass in 4 out 5 guys(mda/als website) then no more tests. I bought one. The ama is not interested unless its a drug.

Breast cancer does an awesome job raising $. We don't have that capability since als is rare, but a group could excert more pressure than an individual.

I will have a great weekend, going to mariners vs dbacks spring training game sat. I have a wife of 25 yrs and 20 and 17yr old kids. They keep me busy!

Hope you have a great weekend!
I understand you are not pleased with the direction this website is taking. Fortunately, you live in a country where you are free to decide whether it meets your needs or not.

I am so glad you have a wonderful family you will be spending the weekend with. You are definitely a fortunate man in that respect.

Do you work with MDA? Augie Nieto is the ALS ambassador with the MDA. He has raised huge amounts of money for ALS research. I believe they also work with the AMA. You might want to try that avenue. Peace to you.

Wow trfogey I did'nt know having an original idea( outside the forumn) was a bad thing. I'm only 49, please explain the strawman comment, I take it as its bad idea?

A strawman argument happens when one side puts words in the other side's mouth -- as you have done several times in this thread -- and argues against those manufactured statements rather than what the opponent actually said. For example, neither I nor anyone else has suggested that having an idea outside the forum is a bad thing. That is a strawman -- you manufactured it out of thin air and attributed it to me. I never said it and I do not believe it, so I don't know why you would use that to argue against me. If you have a problem with that idea, then argue with yourself, because you are the one who said it.

Second, your right all you want to do is argue

Bzzzzzt. Another strawman. Add a Tin Woodsman and a Cowardly Lion and go directly to the Emerald City. Do not pass gas, because it may be leftover colonic rather than gas.

Third Why not interview those 20+ that you know about what they did instead of eric edney.

I never said 20+ -- I said several. And I have asked the ones that I am closest to if they did do anything special to survive so long. The general consensus -- nothing special.

Maintain general good health and nutrition.

Stay away from situations where accidents like falls or aspirations can happen.

Keep yourself as physically active as your condition permits without over doing.

Keep yourself mentally active and engaged to avoid boredom and depression.

Be too busy living life to have time to slow down and die.

The most important piece of advice the oldtimers gave me -- if there is anything that really works, everyone will be on it.

Toss in a sizable handful of good luck and a pinch of divine blessing and that pretty much covers it.

Oh, and concerning the folks I know that are heavily into alternative medicine, research about new therapies, etc.-- most of them seem obsessive, humorless, and easily angered. They say that they aren't going down without a fight, but their lives appear to have narrowed to the point that all they have is the fight. Might be enough for them, but not necessarily for the rest of us.

trfogey-

Once again you have given us words of wisdom-

"Be too busy living life to have time to slow down and die"

That's good - for everybody!

I am glad you have the support of your family. Many on the Forum are fighting this battle alone. For that you are blessed. To try to move along to a more positive note, please go read this post:
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/gen...ell-trials-louisiana-starting.html#post114255
This is first USA Food and Drug Administration approval to begin a trial using adult stem cells to treat amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or ALS. If you want to read the article or see the video go to:
Local clinic uses stem cells to fight Lou Gehrig's disease - New Orleans News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather - FOX 8 Live WVUE-TV Channel 8
Have a great weekend all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back