Eric Edney and Even Better Now - Don't Be Fooled By This Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.
pissed off

The more info i read. The more enraged i get. The people out there trying to put one over on us is the most ignorant act on the planet. The younger jim tended to shot first,
take another shot or two, then maybe ask a question. I'm sooooo pissed that pals are being targeted for the lowest kind of behavior. The younger minded jim is returning.
these a------s need some retribution. If anyone has watch the movie "SNATCH"?
THE PIG FARMER HAS THE RIGHT IDEA.
an enraged jimmig!

They got me with Gyconutrient but I got them and the company is being investigated

Hello I'm new here and found this thread by typing Eric Edney in google, imagine my surprise when the first listing I read was:

Eric Edney and Even Better Now - Don't Be Fooled By This Scam...

My brother has lived with ALS going on 3 years now. And as most was told by the "best" doctors in the country, you have 2 to 5 years to live and there's nothing you can do. Well, I didn't agree and so began my own research, long story short many supplements later, change in diet and lifestyle, he is still walking around. Not as well as he used to but the progression has been slowed down tremendously thanks to some "alternative" treatments.

I think this mentality of well it's "alternative" or it's "main stream" treatment so it can't work is silly. He is doing both, he has just started Riluzole and Lithium to compliment the alternative treatments he has been doing for years.

And as far as the "scam artist", Eric Edney, I think the proof is in the pudding, I was surprised to see this "sharleton" 17 years after his diagnoses:

Trust yourself on this journey, not just what has been spoon fed to you, you can improve your situation.........god bless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by joelc : Yesterday at 03:27 PM Reason: We don't advertise for him

I respect that you don't allow advertising, not my intention in linking the videos of him and his wife from 2003 and 2008.

The general feel I got from some in this thread is to attack the man's character and motivation.

Perhaps it would be fair to be able to mention that a video of an interview exists of the man from 2008 so people can make up there own minds as to whether the man is a crook and has he truly been able to maintain or dare I say (forgive me Neurologists everywhere) improved just a little from 2003.

Again I am someone who has a family member living with ALS and we didn't just accept the 2-5 years and see ya.....

Anyway........God bless all those PALS who have shown me what real strength is... :)

There is no proof he even had ALS. He also profits from pushing his regime.

If I was healed from ALS the medical community would have my story published in their journals along with what I did to heal myself. It would be verified and documented.

I have never accepted the 2 to 5 year lifespan statistic either and there are a lot of people on this forum that are the same. I was given 2 years and that was 4 years ago. I have a great life and plan on dieing of old age.

There is no proof he even had ALS. He also profits from pushing his regime.
If I was healed from ALS the medical community would have my story published in their journals along with what I did to heal myself. It would be verified and documented.

That's interesting.....I didn't get that impression from the recent video. I assume then your suggesting he is acting in the video or has a different disease and is claiming he has ALS?

For me personally, I have no qualms with someone other than a doctor profiting from helping others heal.

I hear what your saying about documentation, but I would suggest the "mainstream" medical community has not been the largest advocate of therapies outside of there training.

Hi Sun City ... Hate to jump in and start beating this poor old dead horse some more, but here I am.

You said your brother, now approaching his third year with ALS, was told, you have 2 to 5 years to live and there's nothing you can do. Well, I didn't agree and so began my own research, long story short many supplements later, change in diet and lifestyle, he is still walking around. Not as well as he used to but the progression has been slowed down tremendously thanks to some "alternative" treatments.

I'm starting my 4th year since my symptoms began ... and I, too, am still walking around, although not as well as before, and driving and maintaining an outwardly normal lifestyle.

I'd be interested in how you have been able to track how fast or slow your PALS is progressing, especially since you imply that he was progressing very quickly until he changed his diet and took supplements and is now slowed "tremendously." Every single case of ALS is different and the mystery of how to even determine how quickly one is progressing has not been solved ... let alone how to alter the progression., except by Rilutek and maintaining one's weight. So I'd very much like to hear how you determined at first that he had fast progression (was that the neuro's evaluation or your own estimate?) and is now progressing very slowly. If your method of evaluating progression is sound, that alone is a major medical breakthrough!

I'm really sorry about your brother, and I hope for his sake that it is slow progression. I, personally, have no bias against alternative medicine, and would try anything that had just a glimmer of possibility. I would LOVE IT if you would tell us exactly what your brother's fast progression consisted of, at what point he changed his diet, and how quickly the slow progression kicked in. I think FVC is probably the best measure of ALS decline. What was your brother's "score" when he was diagnosed and what is it now?

Blessings to you for caring for your brother.

I would also like to share my family's experience with Eric Edney's method to slow the progression of ALS. The day my Dad was diagnosed was the saddest day in our family's history. We all wanted so desperately for it not to be true. Of course we went on line and did research and ultimately found Eric's book. I ordered it immediately and for the first time in my darkest hour I felt a ray of hope. My Dad went to a holistic doctor who prescribed him all the supplements that Eric talks about in his book. They cost $1500.00 per month. My Dad was miserable forcing down dozens of large grainy pills every day. As his esophagus continued to atrophy swallowing got more and more difficult and the process became a lengthy ordeal. My father's progression continued at a steady pace until eventually he said (and I quote) "I don't want to take this junk anymore."

We all wanted to believe In Eric Edney's miracle. We all want to find a cure but since quitting all the supplements my Dad firmly believes they were doing nothing for him. He has seen a wonderful improvement since getting a feeding tube and has gained back 10 pounds now!

The most valuable piece of advice in Eric Edney's book is the chapter on keeping a positive mental attitude but you don't need to spend $25 on the book to learn that, just read what the people on this forum have to say ... for free!

Thelma,

Thank you for sharing the story of your dad and the $1500 monthly supplement routine. What a heartache!

Beth,

I hope Sun City is putting together the information you requested. His response will be read by many on this forum. I am anxious to see the data he has to defend his argument with.

Zaphoon

I don't know anything about Eric Edney, his book, or his supplements but when I was first diagnosed I was convinced by a friend to go for accupuncture and herbal therapy. So I went to the first appointment and let me tell you I have never been more embarrassed in my life. The young woman who was the certified accupuncturist and herbal therapist asked me questions about my bodily functions that I (trying to be openminded) answered but I was very uncomfortable. Maybe it's just my sceptical nature but I finished the interview, thanked her, paid the bill and never went back. I have had people ask me why I wasn't willing to do EVERYTHING or ANYTHING to beat this disease but in my opinion if you don't believe in something it's not likely to help you. Maybe it's just me but I couldn't bring myself to believe in accupuncture and herbs. I'd be interested in knowing what others here think of Chinese tradional therapy.

Thelma, you're too right about attitude. Being positive doesn't cost anything and it works! BTW tell your dad that he's caught up to me in our "weight race" but because the finish line is still a loooong way off for us I'm not giving up! I'm glad he's doing great and he's so lucky to have you helping him.

Barry

Oh Barry, you and my Dad are so much alike. He had some sort of Chinese "energy field" therapy, I can't remember what it's called but basically this man came over and hovered his hands over my Dad's body and he couldn't help but feel silly and embarrassed. Luckily I wasn't there because we surely would have keeled over. Just the thought of my blue-collar Dad having this sort of alternative therapy is hilarious. I agree with you that if you don't believe in something it won't work. Case in point: the placebo.

I might add that my father did have an initial placebo effect with all the supplements and felt that they were helping him sleep through the night without any more leg cramps. In retrospect, he probably felt less anxiety and that was helping him sleep better. Who knows? The placebo effect did not last. The point is everyone is different and there are certain therapies, alternative or otherwise, that work differently on different individuals. My Dad certainly enjoys a good massage and that seems to help him.

Barry, are you really tied now? Wow. I want this weight race to go on for years :)

I believe that NO HOPE is as bad as GREAT HOPE is good. I wouldn't want us to declare that positive thinking, supplements, trial drugs, moderate exercise etc. will give you 10 to 20 years with ALS.

I don't think that positive thinking is "I"m going to beat this and live to old age" either.

I think that we have to merely take this as it comes. Some live long, some only make it 3 to 6 months. What about that? ....we can't know.

I do know we must look for a cure and not despair. Despair doesn't add a day to your life and only reduces the quality of life.

We say, make the most of each day. Don't dwell on what you can't do, but what you can... and DO THINGS. Make happy memories and when your limitations come, do something different, but keep knowing you are still blessed. You expect to continue on for a very long time, and if you can't,..... well, then look forward to Heaven!

When you are over 40-50 we never know what a day can bring. Eat right, take care of yourself, help others, and tell those close to you that you love them.... get busy! Don't hide away and sulk.

I'd be interested in how you have been able to track how fast or slow your PALS is progressing, especially since you imply that he was progressing very quickly until he changed his diet and took supplements and is now slowed "tremendously." Every single case of ALS is different and the mystery of how to even determine how quickly one is progressing has not been solved ... let alone how to alter the progression., except by Rilutek and maintaining one's weight. So I'd very much like to hear how you determined at first that he had fast progression (was that the neuro's evaluation or your own estimate?) and is now progressing very slowly. If your method of evaluating progression is sound, that alone is a major medical breakthrough!

I'm really sorry about your brother, and I hope for his sake that it is slow progression. I, personally, have no bias against alternative medicine, and would try anything that had just a glimmer of possibility. I would LOVE IT if you would tell us exactly what your brother's fast progression consisted of, at what point he changed his diet, and how quickly the slow progression kicked in. I think FVC is probably the best measure of ALS decline. What was your brother's "score" when he was diagnosed and what is it now?

Blessings to you for caring for your brother.

Well we have a very scientific way of tracking him......I get on the phone and ask him "How Ya doin"..... ;)

No actually, I don't think it's a "major medical breakthrough" to slow down the progression of ALS, and you must forgive me, I don't have his FVC numbers (He's still breathing fine though.....again calculated with our highly sophisticated testing method)

If by diagnosed you mean when the doctor said hey....your symptoms are bad enough now so we can call it ALS, well that was approximately 3 yrs, but as many of you know, symptoms for many start before then.

Hope this doesn't sound flippant, I know you'd like some scientific evidence that will prove what I've stated. I'm sorry I don't have any, only anecdotal evidence. His progression from simple back pain to difficulty walking was alarming, since he started his various treatments and supplements, which BTW was a regime created by an ND not by any book, he is still on his feet and mobile, and unfortunately for other family members he's still a smart ass.... ;)

I reiterate "Alternative" and "Mainstream" treatments are the path for my brother and we have seen results, but I don't advocate one way or another for anyone, I simply wanted others to know about our journey. If it provides comfort or hope all the better.

By the way, I wrote in the forum out of curiosity, because I like so many here despise charlatan's, but when I saw the videos of the Edney's I didn't come away with that impression of them. I was pleased to see his progress from 2003 to 2008, and I just didn't get the impression that it was a scam. I could absolutely be wrong about them, but would advice those here to see the videos and judge for yourselves.

No actually, I don't think it's a "major medical breakthrough" to slow down the progression of ALS,

Geez ... are we talking about the same disease ?!? Every ALS patient and neurologist on the planet would disagree with you. If you ever discover a way to slow the progression of ALS ... seriously, slow it and extend the lives of ALS patients "tremendously" ... you would be a medical hero, prolonging the lives and improving the health of thousands of people around the world.

Even if you don't have any scientific proof of how your brother arrested his decline and (apparently) plateau'd, perhaps you'll share his recipe for success. What supplements did he take? At what point in the disease did he begin them? How do you measure the change in progression? If he has slowed his progression down so much, why is he shelling out $1000 a month for Rilutek, which only extends life for a couple weeks to a few months?

Let's forget about Eric. You understand that this forum is a support group for people with ALS and their caregivers. Many of the participants on this forum are seriously ill or gravely impaired. If you have any "secrets" that have worked so well for your brother, please don't keep them a secret. Tell us what he did, what he took, and how he measured his improvement.

Otherwise, let's stop whipping this poor old dead horse and bury him again.

No actually, I don't think it's a "major medical breakthrough" to slow down the progression of ALS,

Geez ... are we talking about the same disease ?!? Every ALS patient and neurologist on the planet would disagree with you. If you ever discover a way to slow the progression of ALS ... seriously, slow it and extend the lives of ALS patients "tremendously" ... you would be a medical hero, prolonging the lives and improving the health of thousands of people around the world.

Even if you don't have any scientific proof of how your brother arrested his decline and (apparently) plateau'd, perhaps you'll share his recipe for success. What supplements did he take? At what point in the disease did he begin them? How do you measure the change in progression? If he has slowed his progression down so much, why is he shelling out $1000 a month for Rilutek, which only extends life for a couple weeks to a few months?

Let's forget about Eric. You understand that this forum is a support group for people with ALS and their caregivers. Many of the participants on this forum are seriously ill or gravely impaired. If you have any "secrets" that have worked so well for your brother, please don't keep them a secret. Tell us what he did, what he took, and how he measured his improvement.

Otherwise, let's stop whipping this poor old dead horse and bury him again.

Here I thought I was only giving my opinion on an on line board but now I've been upgraded to full "hero" status..... Thanks :)

As far as Riluzole and Lithium, since he doesn't discriminate on what works some of the doctors he works with were encouraged by the study that was done at the University of Pisa..... (I think that's were it was done?) and so that's that.

I don't claim to have any "secrets" but I'll be more than happy to ask him if he's willing to get that information to me, and perhaps since I've been on line way to long, I always hated "Thread Hijackers", so again if he's willing, I'll create a new thread with his particular protocol, with the disclaimer that it was created for him, for his particular body chemistry and circumstances, others may need to seek the advice of there own providers for there own particular needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back