ER TONIGHT! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Al, I have seen that documentery you talked about.. Actually, Henry and I watched it together. It was really emotional. However, it was the truth. Thats what I like. No grey. Just black and white when it comes to als. Too many people in the medicine field and otherwise healthcare aids sugarcoat als. Or, maybe, are just not knowledgable enough about the whole issue. I am not sure where you draw the lines here. We all need hope, after all that is the only thing that keeps us going. However, all said and done, at least there was a show on als on national tv. Whether it was a good portrayal or not is in the eyes of the beholder. A lot of people still have not even heard of als, so that is a good thing within itself. I like James Wood as an actor. He is awesome, he is just not a good als actor.

Carol

I too watched Er last night it was on a 9pm but I was working so I stayed up until 1 so I could see it. The part of the show which I didnt care for although I know this happens a lot when you are looking after another is while the person with the disease even though they understand what you are talking about its like people dont think what they say has any affect on this person. This really gets my goat especially when it comes to ALS. I was wondering if any of you have been put in this predicament? Also yes it was hard understanding Mr woods but havnt we all had this problem which at least gave it a bit of reality to it. I remember at one time when Carol told me all she had to do was look into Henrys eyes and she knew what he wanted while others had no idea what he was thinking or tryng to say. I guess thats the bonding process you go through when dealing with this disease. I know if I havnt seen Tim for some time we both have the same problems. I thought of Tim quite a bit because he too does not want to be in a hospital and to keep his independance and stay at home. I dont think by betting him 10 dollars would have been as positive as it was in the show. Have any of the ALS patients on this forum had a trach put in I found this to be a pretty evasive procedure and I wonder how many people go this route. I know Tim wouldnt.How many of you have the same computer system, very high tech and I imagine very expensive. I also agree with the people that this should of been a 2 hour show also, in fact I didnt care for the way it ended.Anyway those are my thoughts but I'm glad I stayed up to watch it. Goodnight to all.
Kim
ALS about loving someone

Hey Kimmie,

I miss you and love you. I have been thinking a lot about you lately. I hope that you are doing alright. I have my outlook up and running now if you want to email me. The changes you are going through hopefully will promise to be positive. I do not do well with upheaval, but, hey, have learned to roll with the punches. Life is just not always what we want it to be or what we plan for it to be. You will be okay. You are a strong lady. I am here for you too. I am sure that Tim loves having you look after him. How is he really doing? Do not candy it up for me. Tell me the truth. I have undergone some major chanages here in the home and in my mental state as well. On November 4, I had a major flood here in the house. My sump pump burnt out overnight, and of course it rained all night that night, and it wiped out 2250 sq. ft. of my house. My entire lower level. We lived here in utter dissaray for 3 months. My boys bedrooms are down there so they slept upstairs. The flip side is I have everything brand new. It looks really nice. However, this is not the way to get a facelift, believe me. We went through hell before it all came together. I have also been learning to cope via counselling and it is a burden that has been lifted off my chest. I thought I was alright, your alright, you know ! ha.... Anyway, I wasn't, still not, hope to be one day. Doing mucho better though. I am going to the Carribbean on March 2, for a couple of weeks. This will mark the frist year anniversary of Henrys death and I know that he would want us to relax and enjoy ourselves and think good things and think of good memories, and that is just what I plan to do. Why don't you join us? That would be a riot! I know that is easier said than done, but we would have fun. Anyway just to touch base. I have lost all of my email addresses (again) so, could everyone kindly please list them for me again. I love you all, take care Kim, call me, email me, or pop over for a beeeeeeeeer...........

STAY STRONG. Carol

Carol - that is so wonderful you are going on a vacation. I can't believe it'll have been a year! The warm sun will definitely do your soul good.

We went on a vacation this year at Christmas. One of the things we've learned this past couple of years is that life is short and you just have to live it up. We went to the Carribean side of Costa Rica to a small beach town with mostly locals and some Europeans. We had our own house we rented for the week and we did NOTHING! We hung in the hammocks, swam in the ocean and took naps. We had to walk about 1/2 mile to the nearest little restaurant or 2 for our food which was the most work we did each day! We spent a lot of time actually talking and looking at each other b/c there was no phone, radio or TV. We did a lot of soul searching and it was so wonderful. Of course, it was really hard to return to Michigan in January after that! -melissa-

Woods for an Emmy !

After watching the *entire* broadcast, I was suitably impressed and I would encourage anyone, to watch the broadcast from start to finish and the credits.
James Woods did a good job putting his research to good use; he should get an "Emmy" ! :wink:

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back