Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WA
City
Seattle
Besides the usual suspects (MDA and ALSA), many communities have mobility closets of some kind. Here is one such list by state.

For technology items, there is a separate list.

For used BiPAPs, this is a good starting point to donate, sell and buy. Dotmed and Bemes offer other options, the latter rentals as well.

For those whose loved ones have passed on, one way to donate equipment is to look on line for patient support groups in your area (ALS, MS, SCI, TBI are examples). Group facilitators are usually aware of who is in need.

PM me if you are looking for something not covered here, and I can suggest some price-shopping options. Amazon is always worth checking if you are a Prime member.

Best,
Laurie

Laurie, I checked with local alsa. 3 weeks to get a call to make an appointment during the day while I was at work. VA required the return of the trilogies but mot the cough assist or suction. The suction was sealed so we gave it back. The cough assist also went back. The hoyers,hospital bed, and all the other stuff was ours. I put it out here and a couple pals were able to use everything. The salvation army in FL does take dme and sells it in the stores. It is a specialty section so that may be an option for some things.

Home depot offers 10% discount with military id for vets. I offered steve's pwc to 3 people I knew with ms who needed one. No takers until a pals here did. It is hard to figure out how to make it work.

Yes, I agree that often the options for donation that seem to be logical don't work out.

We have given/sold at a loss to homeless shelters, group homes, assisted living, community centers, mobility ministries, the ALSA, individuals, etc. and still have stuff. The Salvation Army/Goodwill is another category I should have listed, thanks, and also local not-for-profits that aggregate charities' needs.

We had so much equipment, much of it was brand new, that VA wouldnt take back even in the unopened box. I didnt pay for it so I wasnt looking to get any money, but I didnt want it sold when so many do not have the needed resources. So glad someone here, who has several people that have als around them, were able to take and use the equipment.

HI Laurie, I didn't want to directly post links to our site. Our company has new and used mobility equipment. For anyone looking for stair lifts, home elevators, ceiling lifts or wheelchair lifts you can visit our site <commercial link deleted by mod>. We have 17 locations across the United States and Canada. Feel free to call us if you have any questions at 1 (844) 352-7677.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back