Engineered stem cell advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
wings thank you for posting this link, never saw it before, helpful. i have tried to explain stacking air several times. i do it without equipment. inhale three times insuring it starts at bottom of diaphram, exhaling as fast and forceful as possible. when doing a fvc test you inhale through a tube and exhale through a tube as fast and hard as possible. i use a four inch long, 1/2 inch diameter piece of plastic pipe. this kind of duplicates the test. i think i can judge how successful i am doing

Thanks to all of you for explaining the stacking air exercises. I have been doing them this evening.
Wondering why they didn't tell me about the stacking air exercises at the ALS clinic yesterday. So glad my PALS are looking out for me :smile:

[earshoot ty great suggestion re DIY stacking air .. will try your way and have a chat with physio about it, first i had heard of it with your post :) tytyty :)

Txgirl- do you see Dr. Heitzman at Texas Neurology? That's where we take my mom. Her next clinic is August. Her FVC was 80% at her clinic visit in May. I will ask about this trial for her next time if you're talking about the same clinic. Were there any other "requirements" for the trial? We also all gave blood when we were there. But nobody mentioned any drug trials coming up.

Txgirl- do you see Dr. Heitzman at Texas Neurology? That's where we take my mom. Her next clinic is August. Her FVC was 80% at her clinic visit in May. I will ask about this trial for her next time if you're talking about the same clinic. Were there any other "requirements" for the trial? We also all gave blood when we were there. But nobody mentioned any drug trials coming up.

Yes I see Dr. Heitzman. My next clinic is in Sept. but I may go in August since they are having that month. The trial is Acthar by Questcor. Ask Dr. Heitzman about it when y'all go back in August.

My reply went to moderation. Hopefully it will show up in a little while.

JamieL- my replies to you keep going to moderation. Have no idea why. Yes, I do see that doctor. Ask him about the trial when you see him in Aug.
I also sent you 2 PMs

The trial is acthar by Questcor

@Txgirl,

Certain words in your posts will trigger "Moderation".
"Moderation" is not a live person, it's a software "trained" with certain words that will trigger it into action by holding the posts "hostages" until they can be reviewed by a live person for approval.

Examples: if you mention a Doctor's name after Dr., it will trigger "Moderation" as well as if you mention an Internet Search Engine whose name starts with the letter "G".
There might be other words but are only known to the Forum Admin.

Hope this helps.

NH

Funny thing is, reading what un-assisted breath stacking entails, that is what I have been doing my whole life to get rid of my hiccups :)

From Livestrong

Unassisted Breath Stacking
Unassisted stacking is a relaxation technique and also helps to increase lung capacity. Sit in a comfortable chair or stand. Take a couple of deep cleansing breaths. Inhale through the nose. Hold the breath for three seconds and exhale slowly through the mouth. When you are ready, inhale until you feel the chest expand slightly, hold the breath for two seconds without exhaling, then breathe in again. Repeat the process one more time and then exhale slowly through the mouth.

wow...sounds exciting to have this doc, esp if you can get on the acthar trial. good luck.

Hi all, wanted to have a general feedback you or someone you know who got stem cell treatment, had with the treatment process. Areas of improvement or worry and the likes.
Thanks

Acthar appears to be an MS treatment already.

Yes on Questcor's web site they seem to have approval to treat for 19 ailments. Maybe their flagship product Acthar will somehow help to stop the progression of nerve cells from dieing in ALS.

•Acthar is believed to affect T cells and B cells -This action is believed to impact the inflammatory processes.

They don't really know how acthar works. They want 40 PALS to participate and see if they can tolerate the drug.

The study will also examine whether Acthar provides any functional improvement to ALS patients.

But this thread is titled "stem cell" Hopefully when the acthar trial starts the participants will start a thread and give us an idea on how the drug is affecting their ALS issues. Since it helps with MS relapses, Infantile spasms, and weakness in the skeletal muscles, maybe help treat ALS?

Does anyone know if there are studies/trials using adult stem cells?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back