Diagnosis
09/2010
Country
US
State
AK
City
Anchorage
My son, son-in-law, and their friend are going to ride their bicycles from Portland, Oregon to Portland, Maine to increase ALS awareness. They have just started a blog that will chronicle with narrative and photos their tour, and keep us updated on their progress. The blog is linked to the ALSTDI (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Therapy Development Institute) website for research donations; they will also gratefully accept any personal donations for expenses.

These guys have been planning this trip for about a year and are anxiously awaiting June 17, their departure date.

Ride For ALS | Three cyclists riding across the country to raise awareness

Very cool! Thanks for letting us know. A big thanks to your son and son in law and friend...raising awareness is the key. The more people know about ALS, the more something can be done. You must be so proud. They have my support for sure...wishing them the best of luck.

Thank you very much AKjo.

That is a noble gesture and I know for sure it's going to raise awareness about ALS and MND.
The average John Doe and Jean Doe on the street, have no idea of what ALS is and have hardly seen anyone struck by this disease who has lost his/her ability to use all his/her limbs and can no longer talk.

Raising awareness is the key so more people can become aware about what ALS is and also can get involved and we PALS and CALS can be heard by the scientific research community and the pharmaceutical industry in our quest for finding a cure for this dreadful disease.

You can count on my full support for this project your son-in-law and his friend have planned.

Warmest regards,

NH

Tell your hero men thank you. How exciting! I wish them a safe journey. You should let the local news media of the towns they are going to travel through know, it is a great human interest story. Free advertising doesn't hurt either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back