Emotional Lability (ha, ha, ha, sob, sob)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, never apologize to for venting, if we do not get you.. Trust Me we do... It is definitely emotion liability, a real honest to goodness symptom, that is for REAL.
Jenny and I always Joke that it is the Motor neuron's kicking in(or out), however you want to see it.. Zaphoon, never apologize, you are one of the good guys...

Oh yeah, vent and whine-even though you really don't whine all the much Zaphoon!

when my crying outbursts happen, my husband will usually say something like " oh great, here comes the part where everyone thinks I'm beatin' you up", then my crying outburst turns into a laughing outburst.

Ain't life grand!
-b

Thank you for padding the truth a bit for me. It's really not like me to whine much but sometimes, lately, I'd swear I'm getting girly (no offense to the ladies) and need to look at a calendar or something. Anybody out there have any good to say about Midol?

Zaphoon ... Midol can't compare to whiskey. Make a hot toddy and cuddle up with a heating pad or an electric blanket, and you'll be fine. :)

Last edited:
Hot toddy's are vastly underrated. That and good chocolate ~ eaten while drinking the said hot toddy :cool:

My favorite chocolate - what is yours?

Dove chocolate is one of my favorites. Any other votes for Dove? (My wife is going out of town for 2 weeks next month to be with our daughter that will be delivering our first grandchild. I'm going to have to try this "hot toddy" thing out while I recuperate from a few of the parties I intend to throw.)

Kim-phoon Congratulations on the upcoming grandchild, this is my biggest hope at this point in life ~ to get a grand baby to rock, read to, and play with. :) .... and I wasn't kidding about the hot toddy ~ just like in the old western movies, where the guy who has been shot, takes a few belts of whiskey to dull the pain before his buddies dig out the bullet?.... well there are medicinal purposes, along with recreational social uses for certain drinks..... Dove is good.... I actually have the common Hershey kisses set out in the candy dish tonight...

Dark chocolate!

Gotta tell you, I'm feeling real "girly" talking about chocolate but if its Hershey's - its the dark chocolate! Kisses are good, too but dark is, ooooh, making me shudder!

(Love that photo, Rose!)

Thank you dear, I hope you like the new highlights :) What I should post is a photo of me getting the hair done ~ all of that aluminum foil ~ I could probably have contacted Mars!

Yes, dark chocolate is the best, and the healthiest too for us.

..... Its ok if you're in touch with your feminine side, from time to time :wink: ... my guy that used to fly fighter jets for the Marines and Navy is cool with carrying my purse for me, and admits to liking chocolate too. :cool: (I've even caught him talking to the cat)

I've found chocolate to taste particularily good with Merlot. But then most anything goes good with Merlot.

AL.

Chocolate

My current favourite is Dagoba's chai-flavoured Chocolate. Mmm it is DEELICIOUS! (And it's organic!) Also, I agree with Al... everything tastes good with Merlot. :)

I didn't know that "emotional lability" was what it was called, but I knew I had it before I was diagnosed by doctors. Like I had mentioned before, with the Internet these days, I was able to walk into my doctor's office and tell him I had ALS. He gave me the speech about how everyone at one time or another thinks they have ALS, but I had gone over the symptoms a hundred times, and I always came to one possibility: ALS.

But this emotional lability, although another frightening symptom, is also very interesting, and sometimes I don't mind it. I can't watch sad or inspiring TV shows or movies without sobbing. It steals my voice completely when I'm in a jovial mood. The one thing I don't really mind is the laughter. When I can tell my wife is scared, or just sad, I can think of something funny, and my uncontrolable seems to get us out of the rut. It sucks that whenever I want to discuss my situation with someone, I lose my ability to speak, at least without sobbing. But laughing makes me feel good, and I can laugh for what seems like hours on end these days.

The only thing I've found that helps me control it a bit is to plug my nose while it's happening.

Yawn, laugh, cry, what next?

:shock: I know I am aby-normal, but wow, the swings of emotions are almost hilarious at times. I cannot stop yawning at all times of the day. Must make people think I think they are boring me to sleep?

My wife came back from Walmarts last night and said the cash register lady told her to be careful because there have been many cases of people riding by throwing bricks at their customers.

One lady yesterday was hit in the face and knocked out some of her teeth.

It would seem the price of ammunition (Bullets) has gotten so high, people can only afford to do drive by bricking. :grin::roll:

Has the world gone mad like my little friend here?
bunny-128.gif

Drive-by bricking! Anybody have any clever ideas on how to defend yourself against these sort of drive-by's? How about S.W.A.T. helmets and shields? Does Walmart sell them? That would be handy!

Zaphoon

Drive-by bricking? Is that some kind of anti-WalMart statement? Does the competition hire the brikees? Do the bricks have notes attached saying "Shop at JC Penny"?

Al, I do think that the world has gone a little crazy lately. Everything that we all thought was rock solid is falling apart, banks going belly up, the big three auto companies almost bankrupt, what's next? At least we have your dancing Garfield to cheer us up.

On a lighter note, the vision of mango plugging his nose to stop his uncontrollable laughter made me have to do the same! Lability, shmability, It's my party and I'll cry (or laugh) if I want to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back