00/0000
Country
UK
State
CL
City
Stockton-On-Tees
Hi all

As many of you will know i had an EMG a few weeks ago, i went to see my doctor tonight to see if he could give me something for my soreness in my calfs, and he happen to mention that he had a letter from my Neuro. He read it out and somewhere in it, it said..."minor abnormalities with no clinical significance" When i pushed him on this he didnt really go into it and said its nothing to worry about....

I did get a letter from my Neuro last week saying my tests showed no evidence of any serious disease.

But this what my doctor has read out and freaked me out somewhat.....could the abnormalities be the beggining of ALS? i just dont get how you can have "No Evidence" then send a letter to your doctor saying there is abnormalities in it.

Chris

Hi Chris,
I had a sneaking feeling it would not be long before you would be back . . . . similar to another person I know VERY well ;)

My EMG results (ironically enough) were a bit similar. Mine showed a minor abnormality in that I have a neuropathy in my left leg (the one that doesn't seem to bother me at all! UGH!) However, my recent neuro also said that she is confident that I do not have ALS. (I'm still not, but that's another story.) I'm certainly willing to very openly entertain the idea that perhaps this incredibly educated person who runs a movement disorder neurology speciality is right, and that I indeed am not in the beginning stages of ALS....but something surely is wrong. We both just need to find out what that is . . .

In the end, my EMG was also considered "abnormal" but just because of the neuropathy, and I have not been diagnosed with ALS either.
Hope that helps,
Suzann

I think that if it was serious like ALS it would not say "with no clinical significance". YOu have something going on so there will be abnormalities but a good EMG can show the difference between something like BFS and ALS. I just had a EMG and it shows some fasics but it was explained to me that with ALS it shows fasics AND other things and if those other markers are not present then it is not ALS. I think you certainly have something going on but you should try to take your focus off of ALS.

CB in OHIO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back