Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
JP
State
NA
City
Saitama
I’m terribly sorry to post here but just wanted a little clarification on an EMG, mostly because I live in Japan and the Japanese to talk about this sort of thing is well above me, so I might not have understood the test entirely.

I’m not all that worried like many that come here but because of the duration of symptoms my doctor wanted me to do the test. I have pronounced fascics and trouble initiating swallowing (but can eat and drink liquids and solids without issue)

The doctor emgd one hotspot for twitches (my inner quad), my right thenar muscle and my right middle trapezius. I can’t really find any information of if these would be enough to rule out bulbar involvement as he didn’t do the tongue or neck and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with an emg with so few muscles.

The results were normal on the thenar and quad and he had trouble relaxing the trap but said it was ok too. Is this enough?

Kindest regards
H

Yes the trapezius is acceptable for bulbar screening. You are good to go. Congratulations

Hey Nikki,

Thank you very much for the clarification and the speedy response.

Kindest regards,

H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back