Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
City
Springfield
It all started with tingling it was in my left hand for a week then it was my left foot and sometimes my right foot for another month. I still get it sometimes but it subsides. I now get random muscle spasms or twitches all over my body legs, arms, face, and neck. I have a clean EMG on my lower 2 months and then I just had an EMG on my upper and my left hand showed mild carpel tunnel and very mild nerve disorder my neurologist said. He said it was so mild and not a concern. Like a point or two off. I am not sure what that means but so scared it could be something sinister. I have a brain MRI next Friday and then my follow up. I have random pains all over my body and sometimes get blurry vision due to light sensitivity. My hands and feet are always cold.

If you post the emg report ( block your name and other id) we will be able to answer better.

from what you have said neither your symptoms nor your emg suggest ALS. You do not mention any abnormalities on your clinical exam
mild nerve disorder sounds like you probably had a mild ncs abnormality. if so problems on ncs point away from ALS. Whatever is wrong it doesn’t sound like ALS. Is the mri to rule out ms?

Hi Nikki! Thanks so much for replying! Yes he said it was on the NCS and said it is so mild and not to worry. (But I am mom of two and worrying is just something I do) Are you thinking all my symptoms is pointing away from ALS?

All your symptoms (I can just find tingling and twitching) together with two good EMGs and clinical exams really point away from ALS. Twitching, as annoying an it might be, is so very common and rarely has a physical reason. People just twitch. A lot.

There is no reason to worry about ALS. I won't tell you not to worry as this is very hard, like you mentioned. But I suggest just you anything that reduces stress and is good for your well-being. Sports, warm baths, stretching, meeting friends, whatever you enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back