Country
US
State
Texas
City
Dallas
FINDINGS FROM MY EMG (DEEMED NORMAL):

-Right and Left femoral motor responses are normal

-The right and left peroneal and tibial motor responses show slowed conduction velocities, and the right peroneal motor response also shows mildly decreased amplitude. The left peroneal motor response shows an accessory peroneal response which is a normal anatomical variant.

-The right and left tibial F-wave responses showed prolonged distal latencies.

-The left sural sensory response is normal. The right sensory response shows a borderline distal latency.

-EMG of the right leg and lumbosacral paraspinus muscles and left cervical paraspinous muscles is normal

IMPRESSION:
EMG is normal with no evidence of active denervation, chronic reinervation, myopathy, or lumbosacral or cervical radiculopathy

RELEVANT FACTS:
PATIENT AGE: 49
OTHER: Former football injury in right leg, No ACL or cartilage. Bone and bone, and Femoral condyle necrosis.

Thanks and God Bless.

That whatever you have is not ALS, which doesnt present with conduction troubles :) Maybe slight neuropathy?

Blizna,

Thanks. That is sort of what they mentioned which is "very mild peripheral neuropathy-sensory".

I have no idea what that means.

I would say it points away from als, PSW, Fibrilations, Reinn-deinn all point towards als, I agree with the previous post sounds Sensory and not Motor nerve/muscle driven.

Hi, Jules ... I'm a non-medical-expert on anything, but decades ago my husband was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy, and my understanding is that the term very mild peripheral neuropathy-sensory means slight/mild nerve damage (neuropathy) on your hands and/or feet (peripheral), which you can feel (tingling, burning sensation, numbness, pins and needles, prickles, etc.).

It could be related to a gazillion things (but not ALS). This is a stop-gap answer till an expert arrives to set us straight. :)

Jules

The slowed conduction velocities and prolonged latencies both indicate demyelinization, which is loss of the insulation around your nerves (it appears that the loss is minimal though). This points away from ALS. The decreased amplitude indicates a loss of axons in a nerve (again, it appears that the loss is minimal).

The EMG portion showed no fibrillations or positive sharp waves (i.e. active denervation) and there was no increase in your motor unit amplitude (i.e. reinnervation). All of this indicates that portion of the test was clean and points away from ALS.

It appears it could be some very mild neuropathy or perhaps some nerve irritation.

Congrats. Now go relax.

To those of you that have asked about my absence from the site: this is an extremely busy time for me at work and I have other obligations as well that are monopolizing my time. I continue to check my PM's when I get the chance. Once things settle for me, I will be here more regularly (whether you guys like it or not). Take care all.

Of course we like it when you're here. We miss you when you're not. LOL.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back