guwainengle

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
PA
City
Duncansville
Just wanted to let you all know-- If your insurance company has a hard time with authorizing another EMG because of time frame-- Have the EMG done for a different area on the body-- they will authorize it because it does not conflict. I just had one done in May and they said no more till Nov on the left side-- I was able today to get authorization for one on the right side of my body for October or sooner because of it being in another area. Hope this helps if anyone should run into this problem.

G

Hi Annmarie--

In May Dr S did alot on my left side-- arm/ thorax/ paraspinal/ and leg and foot and hand.

One heck of alot-- and saw no sign of MND/ALS.

Previously the local Dr did only a few-- But when I meet with the local Neuro on Oct 5 which I had the insurance company approve for my right side, I am going to circle all the areas I want him too look at- That way I will have a better idea what to look forward to in Nov when I meet with Dr S for the re-exam on the left. I think if I can get the local guy to jab around and find nothing-- I will at least feel better as far as concern about my possible diagnosis-- Unfortunately I do think he is going to find some abnormal results- I just hope he know what abnormal and the sharp waves mean --- if seen and heard on the scope.
At least I got 1 month shaved off of an EMG test and my fasciculations are everywhere- so there will be no problem finding areas

G

Thanks for the tip! I need all the help I can get when dealing with my insurance company!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back