Country
US
State
NY
City
Cologne
Heyho

My last Thread is closed , it´s to old.
Hope you can help me with my question. First off all sorry for my bad medical english and best wishes for all of you .

Last week i was in an Neuromuscular Hospital they did a full exam and the next EMG . All Muscles ( Tibialis , biceps , quadriceps,massetter) came back with Myopathic Pattern in every muscle

"In the biceps brachi on the left, small, narrow-bodied motor units are increasingly showing, with an early dense and low-amplitude interference pattern"
No PSW or Fibs
The same is shown on the other muscles .
Abdominal skin reflex not triggerable

Now i know that in ALS - EMG is showing PSW , Fibs and high potentials, but i read that in reinnveration EMG can be myopathic.

The doctor said we have to wait whats going on , i´m loosing muscles at my whole body
Fasciculation Hot Spot is arch foot and sometimes twitching here and there
My Muscle biopsy was neurogen (right biceps) ( Chronic Muscular Atrophy denervation with kollateral reinnvervation)

My question is , does anybody had myopathic pattern before Diagnosis ?

Thank you in advance

Could you please post the summary/conclusion findings of your EMG? This is your third post and third EMG (from what I gather), yet you have not evidence any failure to do things, and the ymptoms you list are not ALS. So, why are you here if no one thinks you have ALS? Seeing the summary would help us ascertain what your doctors suggest.

The summary is "In the biceps brachi on the left, small, narrow-bodied motor units are increasingly showing, with an early dense and low-amplitude interference pattern "
And the same findings in the other tested muscles
Conclusion : suspicion of MND
In Germany there are no summary like in US , only that what i have written.
That´s what i asked if anybody was diagnosed with Myopathic pattern before diagnosis ...

Doctor says that myopathic pattern can happen in neurogenic reinnervation and the other clinical exams showed an neurogenic disorder.

Here are the previous threads:

Keep in mind that what is important when it comes to diagnosing ALS is the big picture: clinical weakness as determined by a physician, characteristic EMG changes in multiple muscle areas, upper motor neuron signs, evidence of disease progression, and ruling out ALS mimics.

You’ve been posting since January. What has changed since then? Do you have progressive failure? Do you have both upper and lower motor neuron signs on exam? What does your neurologist tell you?
No psw or fibs is not consistent with ALS. In ALS, we would expect to see these changes in many muscle areas.

A myopathic pattern may suggest a myopathy (a primary problem with the muscle). ALS is a brain disease. A muscle biopsy would be different in ALS.

I suggest you discuss all this with your neurologist. Please post the EMG results, summary, and conclusions if you have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back