00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
Cologne
Hey guys,
i got the EMG Result,it´s in German so i translated it in English , hope you can understand it .

3 Muscles were tested , 2 were normal in november 2018 the other ( muscle Vastus lateralis )In the single-potential analysis, two large potentials of motor units with amplitudes up to 3.7mV are recorded, which can be interpreted as indications of chronic neurogenic damage

i got more and more Problems with my left biceps , can do anything but feels more weak in the last weeks,my right foot also feels weak and became more and more bony.

Does this sound like ALS ?

Sorry for the new Thread , but my old thread was closed because he was too old

Chronic neurogenic damage to one muscle (vastus lateralis) most likely is a localized process affecting just that muscle. Changes in ALS on EMG are generally more widespread.

With EMG in ALS, we look for evidence of acute and chronic denervation with reinnervation in many muscle groups. EMG will mention things like fibrillation, positive sharp waves, recruitment. Was there a summary at the end of your EMG report?

The information you’ve given, along with symptoms of feeling weak, elastic skin, low muscle tone — none of that sounds like ALS. Apparently your neurologist didn’t think so either.

ALS does not feel. You have muscles that don't contract, are paralysed. This process does not have any sensation with it. I feel fine, my muscles just don't work, without pain fatigue or feeling weak. You have it from your neurologist that you don't have ALS. Now we find you looking for non-medical, random strangers to diagnose you with a fatal disease. Let that sink in for a minute. Then get to your doctor for help with anxiety. Those of us who are dying really don't have the time to massage your neuroses.
Vincent

Chronic neurogenic damage to one muscle (vastus lateralis) most likely is a localized process affecting just that muscle. Changes in ALS on EMG are generally more widespread.

With EMG in ALS, we look for evidence of acute and chronic denervation with reinnervation in many muscle groups. EMG will mention things like fibrillation, positive sharp waves, recruitment. Was there a summary at the end of your EMG report?

The information you’ve given, along with symptoms of feeling weak, elastic skin, low muscle tone — none of that sounds like ALS. Apparently your neurologist didn’t think so either.

Thank you for your Answer Karen;
no i´ve got no summary only the context ,that i have written.
My elastic skin is a conclusion of muscle loss, in combination with other symptoms i have written my text.

Don´t misunderstand me Vincent and Karen i know like my neurologist that something is wrong with my body but we have to find out what it isn´t his body it´s mine so i´m worried
His Job is my life ...

I´m not really anxious about me , i´m anxious because of having bought a house , building a family 3 years ago , that´s why i have to find out what´s wrong with me.

I´m not fit anymore and see more and more loss of muscles because of weakness

Thank you fore your answers and stay hard , there will be a cure for ALS hold on ...

Gerskin, the summary is very important. To you.

Ask for it. You or your insurance paid for it. Don't wait for your next appointment. Call your Neuro.
He or she is getting well paid for their time. You are entitled to ask questions.
An EMG is pretty much the Gold Standard test of determining ALS.

No one here can really be of any further advice to you without it.

As you wrote...

"I´m not really anxious about me , i´m anxious because of having bought a house , building a family 3 years ago , that´s why i have to find out what´s wrong with me."

That's denial. You are having anxiety.

There are so many other treatable Neurological conditions that involve weight loss, muscle loss and weakness.

Ask for that summary/conclusion. It could very well relieve you of your anxiety concerning ALS.

Hope for the best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back