Reason
Other
Diagnosis
01/1900
Country
US
State
OH
Hello! I had an EMG done and would like help with reading it. Not sure if these are normal or not. I had my left leg and arm checked. Can you help me with this please? I having was twitching and Doctor orders an NCS and EMG. Also would it show on this (since one arm and leg were done) if there was bulbar onset? Thank you all in advance!

** It is not letting me post the picture of the EMG.. How do I go with doing that?

Take a picture of the EMG, results, and conclusions. Black out any identifying information. Then click on the “attach files” (paper clip symbol) in the lower left corner. It may ask you to “upload”. You can click on “preview” before posting to see if the attachment was properly uploaded.

If you had a clean EMG in your limbs, that would be sufficient to rule out bulbar onset because the EMG findings in ALS tend to be widespread.

I tried that and it's asking for URL or text. I must be missing something

Try typing in a brief message first, like “EMG results”.
Then click on attach files.
If I do that, it then gives me the option to select from my photo albums. I pick the photo I want and then select.
Try it first with just one photo to see if it works. You can either select thumbnails or full image.

I tried the "insert link" & " insert image" on the top and it is giving me the same thing and won't let me upload a picture. Is there any other way I can send it to you? If not then I guess I will give up. 😔

I’ll ask someone else to help you. Don’t give up.

I apologize for this. I have tried on my phone, home computer, and laptop and it is giving me the same thing..

There are a few different ways to get the image to post.

1) A simple copy and paste: select image, hit ctrl C (or "copy" if you are using a touch tablet/phone), then ctrl V (or paste) in the post box in this thread.

2) If you are using a laptop or pc, you may have to go to the top right of your dialogue box on this thread, select the little "gear" icon and select "toggle BB code" first. Then look to the middle top of your dialogue box here and select the photo icon. It should prompt you to select a file.

It must not like me, because that is not working either. I will just type out the questions I have from my EMG/NCS..
1. What does the Delta-0 (ms) mean?
2. Dist (cm)- I am assuming that is the distance from a nerve to ??
3. In the interpretation, most of the things he put "normal" but there is one that said "Median-ulnar lumbrical/interosseous motor latencies showed not significant differences".. Are they supposed to be the same?
4. In the conclusion he put that the study was normal and most he put "no electrophysiologic evidence" but the last one he put "no DEFINITE electrophysiologic evidence of lumbosacral plexopathy or peripheral neuropathy in left lower extremity".. What's the difference?

I am sorry for all the questions. A few months ago he almost misdiagnosed me with Guillian Burre' (spelling?) until another neuro came in.. So I am on the fence..

Thank you all again in advance!

It sounds like whatever they may have seen if anything relates to ncs study not the emg. The emg is the part that matters with ALS.

There should be a summary and conclusion. If you posted that in the entirety it might help. Also you should have a section with a chart from the emg ( needle study). It will list muscles in the left hand column. Going across the top will be categories. Are any of the first showing a number that isn’t zero. It might be N which is ok too. Does anything say anything other than normal in that chart? If so what?

I have tried to upload a picture But unfortunately it's not letting me. They all say normal and 0 (under poly) in the EMG .The conclusion looks like it only talks about the NCS

They all say normal and 0 (under poly) in the EMG
That sounds like a normal study. If there were problems with the EMG, there would be mention of that in the summary and conclusions.

I did see it said the needle EMG muscles were normal. No denervation was seen in any muscle. All motor unit morphology , activation and recruitment patterns were normal. I guess that is all good news!

Absolutely. All those normal things you had would be abnormal in multiple muscles in an ALS emg. Your doctor owes you a thorough explanation but it sounds like your answers lie elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back