Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
cornwall
Got my EMG report back and wanted to ask if you had any idea what it means? Distal sensory studies to peroneal and sural nerves bilaterally showed a decreased amplitude of the left sensory peroneal nerved with preserved velocity. Distal motor conduction of the peroneal and tibial nerves similarly revealed approx. 50% decrease in amplitude of the left peroneal nerve with no compression at the peroneal head. EMG part with needles- on the right side there was a 1+ positive sharp waves of the right gastrocnemius medius. Do these results sound like ALS? I have leg weakness, and muscle twitches for 2 years. I'm also getting tremors in my fingers and hands.

Nothing you've written sounds like ALS to me.
Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

Didn't your neurologist go over these results with you? How did you get results without a doctor's advice?

My neurologist is not very good. The secretary just gave me a copy. Difficult because I don't understand the results.

>My neurologist is not very good

Get another one ASAP ... Ideally one. Who has studied under/at an ALS clinic!

If I thought for an instant that I might have a terminal disease, I'd buy the best ****ing neurologists all my money could buy.

Do my results sound like ALS?

Call your doctor. Interpreting EMG results is kind of a doctor-level thing to do.

Thanks Atsugi. I understand.

Actually the doctor who sent me for an EMG is in Dublin with his sick mother. He's not a neurologist but an interventional radiologist. My neuro in the city I live in filed my EMG and that's why she gave me a copy. So not really sure who to go to now. Worried about my symptoms and abnormalities on EMG. Thank you again.

>f I thought for an instant that I might have a terminal disease, I'd buy the best ****ing neurologists all my money could buy.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back