00/0000
Country
US
State
MN
City
Minneapolis
Hello,

I recently had an EMG in late April. I have yet to recieve the “official results” or an emailed copy of the results, but the doctor emailed me back and said, “Normal, benign fasciculation.” The test was done on my left arm and right leg. The left arm is where I’ve been having symptoms.

My symptoms included left arm feeling weak, atrophy between my index finger and along inner forearm. I also had a good exam with her back in January of this year.

I have a hard time letting this go because of the precieved weakness and atrophy.

Is it safe to say the EMG would have picked up some bad stuff is the atrophy I’m seeing was in fact due to ALS? The fasciculation part of her email concerned me.

Thank you in advance.

Good afternoon,

I appreciate the time taken to answer my questions. Firstly, some background information for context.

I had a physical exam done by a neuro in January of this year. It all looked well and I went about my business.

However, several months later I continued to have symptoms in my left arm. For the record I am dominant right handed.

They included twitching all over, feeling of weakness in left arm, tingling & numbness in fingers, sore elbow, stiff fingers/joints, atrophy between finger and thumb along with inner forearm atrophy, percieved loss of coordination and a tremor while holding things in my left hand such as a cell phone.

I went for an EMG in late April and I only recieved an email from my neuro stating, “Normal, benign fasciculations.” I have yet to recieve the full report.

With my syptoms is it safe to assume if ALS was at play the EMG would have picked it up?

Thank you all in advance.

Mod note- merged threads. Cactus, just keep posting in this single thread- no need to start a new one if any post doesn't show up right away. New posts are subject to moderator approval. Thanks kindly.

Past thread here: Seek out a medical professional if you're scared

I believe you were told ulnar entrapment?

Normal with a benign fasciculation is an excellent emg result and yes an emg should certainly pick up ALS if it were the case

Re read your own first post for reassurance

Good luck

Thanks for the reassurance. I just get lost in aniexity some days and I’m working on that. I will be making a donation to the ALS Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back